Leroy Sané

Would you have Sane back?

• Total voters
I'm sure he was an option. Just as I would be an option if I could track back. No way City overlook anybody, especially someone as talented as Leroy. Not saying it picked up any steam but you can't say he wasn't considered.
Lol. Are you saying your only shortcoming is the inability to track back?

Lol. Are you saying your only shortcoming is the inability to track back?
It's the most prominent issue, but if you really wanted to know... I also lack talent in almost all other facets. But so do all our targets supposedly so no need to come at me!!

If he was most players, he’d manufacture some reason to leave Bayern. And, if Vity were most clubs, they’d be helping him do it, probably covertly.

Because neither he nor us are that way inclined, I doubt we’ll ever see him in City sky blue ever again outside a possible charity event!
Vity? It’s Vito
6A591FB2-DA0F-4ED1-B936-1893D358DFDF.jpeg

The time apart has really done wonders for some about his time here. He wasn't a bad player by any stretch but was wildly inconsistent which any Bayern fan will tell you still holds true.
Like I always say, our best player is wildly inconsistent.

Yeah, I loved the guy, but I think a lot of people are only remembering his 17/18 season rather than his 18/19 season, which saw his performances go backwards and his form drop off. Still remember him kicking up a fuss about not getting starts, then Pep started him away at Burnley and he stank the place out. From that point on it was Sterling and Mahrez on either wing to take us to the title.
After a slow start, Sané improved in 2018-19 from the season before. He had more impact more frequently that season despite playing 1,000 fewer minutes:
17-18 - 14 goals and 19 assists in 3,617 minutes
18-19 - 16 goals and 19 assists in 2,695 minutes
(Sterling in 18-19 - 25 goals and 17 assists in 4,097 minutes is a goal or assist every 98 minutes compared to Sané’s every 77 minutes.)

That season, Sané improved his shooting technique; got his head and shoulders over the ball more and thus had better output from his shooting. Also his dribbling usually came to a better end by finding a teammate more than the season before n’all.

He never kicked up a fuss about not getting starts anymore than I’ve heard it from any player anywhere, and has been nothing but complimentary and nice about us since he left (which can’t be said for Sterling and Jesus). I don’t know where this comes from. I don’t even recall there being any actual news about Sané kicking up a fuss. There was talk about his Mother and Brother being in talks with Bayern and it coincided with him not starting a few games and I think people started running with the idea he was seeing his arse and trying to get out of the club, but I think that talk about him seeing his arse was all just made up.

I simply think that Sané only starting 1 of the final 6 games that season was simply that Pep didn’t want to change a winning side. Sané was in good form through the Liverpool, Wolves and Huddersfield games but he started the loss to Newcastle and Sterling didn’t, then we beat Arsenal and Pep seemed to stick with a similar team to the end of the season. Even then, Sané had exactly the same number of goals and assists as Sterling in the final eight games of the season, it appeared he was a better impact off the bench. I don’t think it was any deeper than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.