Leroy Sané

Would you have Sane back?

• Total voters
Even before his injury he was being squeezed out by Bernardo, Sterling and Mahrez. In 18/19 Bayern had been tapping him up heavily and by the end of the season he’d no interest in signing a new deal and wasn’t interested in working hard on the pitch.

It’s a pity as if he’d knuckled down and listened to Pep he could have been world class. Pace, dribbling, finishing and strong on the ball, he had the lot. He didn’t have enough hunger to improve, his work rate off the ball was shocking.

Such a shame what happened to him, he looked like he could have been a future world player of the year when he first came and one of the players I thought had the highest ceilings. Lost his position to Mahrez towards the back of end of the 18/19 season and then got injured at Wembley in the charity shield. He’s never looked like the same player since, if Sane had showed his promise would Foden have got his break into the starting eleven?

I was gutted when he left and I'd love for Sane to come back, however, i doubt Pep would have him back unless he groveled which i just cannot see happening. I think its a little unfair for people to say he's not the same player or he's lost his pace, particularly as hes clocked faster speeds at Bayern than he ever did for City.

Regardless, i think there's enough of a player in there to rely on other parts of his game. Perhaps it's just the team and the way they play, from watching Bayern there never seems to be the space for him to get in behind. I feel David Silva used to get the best out of Sane with those passes in between the lines.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.