Leroy Sané

Would you have Sane back?

• Total voters
Because he's a quality player and was one of our most exciting to watch when he was here.
he was all that correct in football terms a long time ago.
in the last 3 seasons he has scored 14 goals and had 21 assists in the bundesliga , a league dominated by bayern munich ,that's not the leroy we knew ,there's no doubting he is a good player ,but people are remembering a young leroy who tore up the premier league and he's not that player anymore, injury and his desire to move away have hampered him imo, he could of been a world beater ,had everything he needed to go on to be top level,pace skill ,goals now hes just a good winger who sparkles briefly ,then fades.

he was all that correct in football terms a long time ago.
in the last 3 seasons he has scored 14 goals and had 21 assists in the bundesliga , a league dominated by bayern munich ,that's not the leroy we knew ,there's no doubting he is a good player ,but people are remembering a young leroy who tore up the premier league and he's not that player anymore, injury and his desire to move away have hampered him imo, he could of been a world beater ,had everything he needed to go on to be top level,pace skill ,goals now hes just a good winger who sparkles briefly ,then fades.
Still is.

Still is.
its all about opinions,i've seen nothing of leroy recently that even comes close to the leroy of yesteryear , i've not seen leroy play off the right,think he did briefly on tuesday , but hes certainly not replacing jack or phil

i'm not slagging leroy, absolutely loved him when he was here , gutted when he left, but he left for a reason,and he hasn't done anything since his departure to warrant a place in our team , being good for us once shouldn't really be what fans of manchester city want to improve us.

Last edited:
its all about opinions,i've seen nothing of leroy recently that even comes close to the leroy of yesteryear , i've not seen leroy play off the right,think he did briefly on tuesday , but hes certainly not replacing jack or phil

Well you can't have seen much of him because he practically carried Bayern for the first half of the season.

You might not get particularly excited about his numbers in the league but he's been scoring at a much better rate in the Champions League than he did for us, averaging more than a goal every two games over the last three years.

He might never reach the level that many thought he might but he is still a very, very good player who offers something our other wingers don't.

Not that I think we are in any way likely to make an offer for him but I'd certainly be happy if we did.

From memory, didn't he and Pep have disagreements in Leroy's last full season with us? I can’t see Pep having him back. Also, I can't see any way that Leroy would accept being a fourth choice (no player of his quality would). And who would you (not you in particular, you in general) drop from, say, last night's team to accommodate him? I just can't see any way that it'll happen.

Touré and Guardiola also had 'falling out' at Barca, but they worked together here (outside of the nonsense that was apologised for eventually).

Anyone who STILL hangs on to Sané's decisions as an under pressure young man, needs their heads testing. The man has experience and kids now and would be his own man after bending to the will of others, not to his benefit.

If things would ever be an option I'm sure he'd come and likely Guardiola would be open to it if he saw the space. After all, he calls Sané 'Leroy', not his surname like he does with certain other players.

I loved Sané when he was here, and my oldest son had his name on the back of his shirt.
But I don’t think Pep would have him back.
When Leroy was flying for us Pep did one of those taxi interviews with Noel Gallagher. Noel said something about City fans thought that Leroy could be our Gareth Bale (presumably based on his effortless running style and pace).
The look on Peps face was underwhelmed, made me think he just didn’t like him….

Stupid to base an opinion on something so trivial but I always thought about that later on when he left.

Have him back in a heartbeat…

Or; ship has sailed, he had the world at his feet but didn’t have the heart or application.

Ad infinitum. Yet I keep clicking on the thread expecting actual news. This is the transfer forum off season for you!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.