Leroy Sane - 2016/2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
he sort of ambled about and looked lost at times, once or twice he really showed what he is capable of and I cant wait until he is comfortable and confident. Wasnt impressed with his lack of urgency at times but he must have been overawed, first game etc.

Overawed? I very mcuh doubt it! Realised they where shit and thought he would introduce himself with the minimum of fuss!!

He's played football for less time than most of us take shits at work, debuted in a derby, away from home, coming back from injury, at 19 years old. There's no point whatsoever drawing any conclusions from today. None. At all. Good or bad. Nothing.

Tough crowd. Liked the look of him a lot - I think he's going to be the anti-Navas and use his pace intelligently, looks explosive and would like to see him draw the defender close then just blast pass them. If they just back off, as United did, he'll have options and space will be created. Looks composed too - great patience to play in KDB for the shot that hit the post.

You could tell he wasn't match fit. There were a couple of times that he had the opportunity to really test his pace against the full back but chose not to.

The main one was when he was up against Daley Blind. I was dying for him to just kick it and run around him!

You could tell he wasn't match fit. There were a couple of times that he had the opportunity to really test his pace against the full back but chose not to.

The main one was when he was up against Daley Blind. I was dying for him to just kick it and run around him!
Yeah, I would like to see him play in a game of smaller magnitude.

Yeah I think he was holding himself back a bit. He had plenty of chances to switch on the afterburners but he chose not to. His injury is probably fresh in his mind.

Yeah I think he was holding himself back a bit. He had plenty of chances to switch on the afterburners but he chose not to. His injury is probably fresh in his mind.

Yep. Can't wait until the shackles are off and he's in tip top shape. There were plenty of positives from his game but he could've definitely killed the game off if he'd gone for it.

He just wasn't fit/a bit rusty. I was more expecting this from him yesterday:

I can't wait until he's fully fit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.