Leroy Sane - 2016/2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's probably the only Pep signing not to have hit form yet.
No doubt his injury at the start has had an effect and I fully expect him to turn out to be an excellent player for us for many years to come.
We mustn't forget he is very young and settling into a new country never mind a new team and league is going to take some time.
Bravo, Stones, Gundogan, Nolito Sane and ???? I thought there were 6 signings.

I think sometimes when we sign a player from abroad we have unrealistic expectations because we only ever really hear about the player when he has done something eye catching. Sane had some really eye catching moments last season for Schalke but he also went through a fairly bad patch as well. I think some are guilty of purely comparing his form to the form shown on the highlights compilations. I'm sure he will come good.

Not every players adapts straight away. He has only really played wing back for us, missed pre season and is a young player in a new country. He will come good though, seen enough v Everton and even bits last week to know that the lad has talent.

I think sometimes when we sign a player from abroad we have unrealistic expectations because we only ever really hear about the player when he has done something eye catching. Sane had some really eye catching moments last season for Schalke but he also went through a fairly bad patch as well. I think some are guilty of purely comparing his form to the form shown on the highlights compilations. I'm sure he will come good.
If we'd paid £15mil then fair enough but when it's knocking on £40mil different kettle of fish

If we'd paid £15mil then fair enough but when it's knocking on £40mil different kettle of fish
The way transfer fees have gone over the last few years and especially in the premier league we pretty much did spend £15m.

Well that's the other side of the coin. I do agree and I've spent all summer moaning about what we have paid for him and Stones but that's done to death on here now. We are paying world class money for prospects but that seems to be the way it is going.

Well that's the other side of the coin. I do agree and I've spent all summer moaning about what we have paid for him and Stones but that's done to death on here now. We are paying world class money for prospects but that seems to be the way it is going.
He's the proverbial "uncut diamond"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.