Leroy Sane - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if Sane doesn't re-up, we'd lose him in a year. And he'd be worth 35 million in January.

When a player with 1 year left on his contract has decided he isn't staying, it's a bad deal for the parent club. The best you can hope for is a bidding war and a desperate buying club.

Now we wouldn't be inclined to sell him to United, but if we were and Real also showed interest (they haven't) suddenly we've got leverage. But at present the only team we will be willing to see him to showing interest is Bayern.

I'm sure Liverpool and United will pony up the 100 million if we were open to it. But we aren't. That leaves 3 to four clubs - Barca, Bayern, Real, Juve and PSG.
He has two years left.

But if Sane doesn't re-up, we'd lose him in a year. And he'd be worth 35 million in January.
That would be a lot more true if his contract ran out in 2020 and not 2021. So add 12 months to all of your guessing. Also means it’s not shit or bust this summer.

Just watched the highlights on the City website of the Man City v Liverpool game . what a player Sane is ? When he gets on the ball the whole stadium gets excited. Praying he stays.

I agree when he’s up for it he’s a great attacking player and he doesn’t shy away from the big games.

With 2 years left I don’t think there’s any urgency to get this done. I hope he’s mature enough to realise he has to fight for his place - he’s much better playing for City than the German Rags who despite winning the league are a team in decline.

I agree when he’s up for it he’s a great attacking player and he doesn’t shy away from the big games.

With 2 years left I don’t think there’s any urgency to get this done. I hope he’s mature enough to realise he has to fight for his place - he’s much better playing for City than the German Rags who despite winning the league are a team in decline.
Bayern Munich in decline?

They already spent 100 mio. and are ready to invest another 100-200 million. Hernandez is now the most expensive defender ever. Pavard is another world champion and they will probably buy Havertz too (in 2020).

I don't want Sane to leave, but I would understand why a German national player wants to go to Bayern Munich. If he doesn't want to renew his contract.. well, in that case we should cash in and invest the money.

They already spent 100 mio. and are ready to invest another 100-200 million. Hernandez is now the most expensive defender ever. Pavard is another world champion and they will probably buy Havertz too (in 2020).

I don't want Sane to leave, but I would understand why a German national player wants to go to Bayern Munich. If he doesn't want to renew his contract.. well, in that case we should cash in and invest the money.

I take your point about the finances but I meant decline on the field. This Bayern side are the worst I’ve seen in a long while even if they have won their one horse league.

I’m not so sure that today’s Bayern would have the same pull that Real or Barca have for Spanish players either

In european terms Bayern are in decline , the Bundlesiga can be discounted they are a glorified Celtic in Germany.

Oh thanks! Didn't know that. Thought he was down to his last year. I guess that gives us a lot more leeway :)
Maybe not, depends on how much we are expecting a transfer ban and when, if we are thinking we could be banned next summer it gives us a problem either we sell and cant bring in a replacement, or we keep him running down his contract and he goes for nothing. I think thats why it is coming to a head this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.