Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dzeko was uninterested and poor too, apparently.

Fans always need someone to moan about. We should start a 'whipping boy' thread. The moaners can just descend on there and can switch their target from week to week.

It’s because Gundogan and Walker have had a good run of games so someone else needs to shoulder the blame now.

Not a single quote from his Mum or Leroy, his agent or the club in any of those articles. The Daily Mail story is reported as the source for 2 of the articles so they’re just regurgitating the story and quote the Mail as the source for their stories so that’s 3 of the 5 articles based on nothing.
The other “source” is goal for the other 2 links, one being the article published by goal which you’ve posted and the other regurgitating the story from goal but again no quotes. So that 5 links, 3 of which quote the other 2 as their source.
I’m calling bullshit, you don’t really think Goal or the Daily Mail are correct here when all they say are things like “sources close to the Daily Mail believe”...... “it is rumoured that”?
Of course Leroy will listen to his parents when discussing his future, we already know they met with Pep/the club before coming here but that doesn’t amount to her stalling contract negotiations.

If you read my two previous posts: in the first I said: The key to Sane’s contract, without any elaboration. In the second I said: Recently, and according to some media outlets, she is the one who is in control of his current contract situation, and apparently she is against his renewal with City. But who really knows as it might be merely speculations after all. I hope he gets to sign an extension soon.

There was no hint that I believed any of what was announced by the media, but that didn’t change the fact that the news are out there from several sources. To my understanding, Sam Lee (Goal) is supposed to be a reliable source, and he is one of the sources. Again, there was nothing in my posts that implied I believed him or anyone else. You asked for links, and I gave you the links, so no need to lecture me on what to believe or not to believe. The bottom line is that you or I will never be able to prove these sources true or wrong. We will just have to wait and see. More importantly, it is highly unlikely that we will ever hear publicly from Sane, or his mom, that he is unhappy and wants to leave. Any player, or his mom, will be so stupid to publicly announce that he is unhappy and wants to leave, unless things reach a point of no return. If Sane, or his mom, came out publicly and said that he wants to leave because he, or his mom, is unhappy, that would severely hurt his negotiation power for a better contract and/or his negotiation power with another club. That is basic business negotiation skills. So to wait until we hear directly from them; that will most likely never happen. The bottom line for me is that if Sane chose to stay, I will be happy. And if he chose differently because he, or his mom, wants to change direction, I will be fine with that too, and I will wish him good luck. I am confident that the Club will have the very same stance as well. In my opinion, the Club should always be, and it actually is, bigger than any player, his mom, his dad, his agent, etc. That applies to Sane, Sancho, Brahim, or any other player who chose to leave on his own or chose not to join us. As simple as that.

Last edited:
If you read my two previous posts: in the first I said: The key to Sane’s contract, without any elaboration. In the second I said: Recently, and according to some media outlets, she is the one who is in control of his current contract situation, and apparently she is against his renewal with City. But who really knows as it might be merely speculations after all. I hope he gets to sign an extension soon.

There was no hint that I believed any of what was announced by the media, but that didn’t change the fact that the news are out there from several sources. To my understanding, Sam Lee (Goal) is supposed to be a reliable source, and he is one of the sources. Again, there was nothing in my posts that implied I believed him or anyone else. You asked for links, and I gave you the links, so no need to lecture me on what to believe or not to believe. The bottom line is that you or I will never be able to prove these sources true or wrong. We will just have to wait and see. More importantly, it is highly unlikely that we will ever hear publicly from Sane, or his mom, that he is unhappy and wants to leave. Any player, or his mom, will be so stupid to publicly announce that he is unhappy and wants to leave, unless things reach a point of no return. If Sane, or his mom, came out publicly and said that he wants to leave because he, or his mom, is unhappy, that would severely hurt his negotiation power for a better contract and/or his negotiation power with another club. That is basic business negotiation skills. So to wait until we hear directly from them; that will most likely never happen. The bottom line for me is that if Sane chose to stay, I will be happy. And if he chose differently because he, or his mom, wants to change direction, I will be fine with that too, and I will wish him good luck. I am confident that the Club will have the very same stance as well. In my opinion, the Club should always be, and it actually is, bigger than any player, his mom, his dad, his agent, etc. That applies to Sane, Sancho, Brahim, or any other player who chose to leave on his own or chose not to join us. As simple as that.
tl:dr

The media knows fuck all.
Until the club announces something I’ll continue to disregard what the Daily Mail or Goal “believes” or “understands”

It’s because Gundogan and Walker have had a good run of games so someone else needs to shoulder the blame now.

Yep. 'X had a poor game' is fair sometimes. 'Not sure X fits our system' can be debated. 'X is shit' is just plain wrong. And stupid wrong. As if a team that has gained 195 points over last 75 league games would have any shit players in it. As if Pep would play them.

tl:dr

The media knows fuck all.
Until the club announces something I’ll continue to disregard what the Daily Mail or Goal “believes” or “understands”

I don’t think you disregarded the media because you did click on each link and you did read every word in each of them, and provided a detailed analysis. So you didn’t really disregard what the media said, not with what you did. At the meantime, I didn’t really read every word they wrote, and my post clearly indicated that I thought they could be all merely speculations, without going through each one of them reading and analyzing as you did.

I don’t think you disregarded the media because you did click on each link and you did read every word in each of them, and provided a detailed analysis. So you didn’t really disregard what the media said, not with what you did. At the meantime, I didn’t really read every word they wrote, and my post clearly indicated that I thought they could be all merely speculations, without going through each one of them reading and analyzing as you did.
Fucking hell mate, you said Sané’s Mum was holding up contract negotiations so I asked where you were getting this from. You provided 5 links with no quotes of evidence to substantiate your claim. You posted 5 links which contained not one single quote. Now you’re saying you didn’t read them???
I did read the links just to call them what they were.... full of shit.
I can’t be arsed arguing with you any longer as you can’t hold your hands up and say the stories you’ve posted to make a point are complete bollocks. Don’t bother responding I’m putting you on ignore so I won’t see it.

Fucking hell mate, you said Sané’s Mum was holding up contract negotiations so I asked where you were getting this from. You provided 5 links with no quotes of evidence to substantiate your claim. You posted 5 links which contained not one single quote. Now you’re saying you didn’t read them???
I did read the links just to call them what they were.... full of shit.
I can’t be arsed arguing with you any longer as you can’t hold your hands up and say the stories you’ve posted to make a point are complete bollocks. Don’t bother responding I’m putting you on ignore so I won’t see it.

Of course, I didn’t read them in much detail. I simply screened them. As a reminder, I said: who really knows, they could be merely speculations. You answered that you disregard the media and at the meantime you asked for links, you clicked, and you read and analyzed every word written in them. Not sure where is disregarding the media here? One time you say we didn’t hear from the player or his mom. When I answered this point, you came back saying we didn’t hear from the club. For the record, again, I have never said i believed in what these sources said, not at any point. So basically we agree, but looks like you just want to argue for the sake of it. Very glad you put me on ignore, but I know you will come back to read this.

Sane was sufficiently interested last night to know that shot from Vinny was in before anyone else did. His arms are going up when it's in mid-flight.

Big fan of sane but he was poor last nite he drifted inside too often instead of listening to pep and surrendered the ball a number of times. Can't see him getting much game time until next season

He has so much potential, but consistently narrows the space when we go forward by coming into the areas where Aguero etc are. If he maintains the width he’s offering an outlet for the ball and creating space for movement.
Pep looked absolutely raging yesterday when he gave the ball away needlessly in dangerous areas and taking unnecessary risks.
I really don’t want him to leave as he offers such pace but sometimes is like Bambi on ice and has the Dzeko pinball control at times.
I hope the club can resolve whatever it is that’s troubling him and bring him on. He needs to be taking lessons from Bernardo about attitude, desire & work rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.