Lescott Interview in the Guardian

Dubai Blue said:
“I wasn’t [originally] in the last squad for San Marino and Montenegro and Roy called to explain, a personal touch that I appreciated. Roy’s really good. It’s different than at the club, and previously with Fabio Capello when stuff wasn’t explained. It’s explained now.............
Mancini rarely communicates his reasons. “He might see me as someone who’s not going to cause problems. Maybe he feels he doesn’t need to explain because I’m experienced enough to understand how things work. Even though now and again I’d like to be explained to, he’s got to manage the whole squad.’’
A little disconcerting. It's been said numerous times before that in Mancini's eyes players don't even exist if they're not playing, but it's a side to his personality that I really wish he'd consider changing. There's no doubt he's a decent football manager, but just imagine how good he could be if he softened his approach a bit in this respect. I can only see upsides to doing this, so I'm puzzled as to why he remains so stubborn.

The vast majority love Mancini and want him to remain as manager for the foreseeable.. but lets face it, he's a wanker of the highest order really

Pmsl Skash,trawling through my posts? too much time on your sad hands.

I didnt do too badly with the rest on my list did i? i imagine Hart was having,at the time,4 yrs ago....... one of his regular mares as well.

However you wish to dress it,Mancini inherited an excellent group of players,as i've said twice now.......

Lescott(like the others - a star at his previous club) being one of them.

I really like Lescott. His attitude seems spot on, as well as seeming to be a nice guy who is popular within the squad. As a defender I think he's world class (but sometimes not great on the ball when under pressure), and should give the guy a new contract. It's a no brainer for me. Mancini just needs tell him where he's at so Lescott can make an informed decision. If Lescott wants to leave after that chat then good luck to the man

He's top of the league!

I don't like the comment about two FA Cup medals though. Surely he should have said one?

How refreshing to see a player without a legion of agents and advisers.

I've said it before and i'll say it again; Whilst Lescott doesn't look like a quality CH he is.

FantasyIreland said:
Pmsl Skash,trawling through my posts? too much time on your sad hands.

I didnt do too badly with the rest on my list did i? i imagine Hart was having,at the time,4 yrs ago....... one of his regular mares as well.

However you wish to dress it,Mancini inherited an excellent group of players,as i've said twice now.......

Lescott(like the others - a star at his previous club) being one of them.
Trawling indeed, it's your very first post with a mention of Hughes. So easy to find. Search term: Hughes. Poster: FantasyIreland. Go to the earliest post. Takes about ten seconds. I always find it amusing when people are staggered by my ability to use the search function properly. Didsbury Dave has actually refused to speak to me because of how well I can use it. I wanted to look back and see if you're a hypocrite because of your position on Mancini, which, yes you are. But an idiot as well.

I don't think much of it to be honest. Richards is still with us and worth £15m according to today's press. Hart is THE outstanding keeper in the Premier League for the past four years and rated as one of the best in the world. You weren't just wrong about him being shite, you were horrifically wrong. The rest were either old players in decline like Dunne, or players the vast majority of blues thought were shit. You only get credit if you pick out a gem that nobody else spotted or a turd that everyone else thought was good. You don't get credit for agreeing with the majority. You rated two, possibly three, decent players as shite, and then shite players most thought were shite. Where am I supposed to be impressed?

Hart has regular mares? The hilarity mounts. Most clean sheets three, might even be four years on the trot. Highest saves to shots ratio at least twice as well, and I'm not including this year yet. Yeah, mare-ish keeper, apart from being the most consistent Premier League keeper for the past four years and one of the best in the world.

If Mancini inherited excellent players, it just shows how piss poor Hughes was because he couldn't get anything like what Mancini could get out of Hughes' players. Conceded three goals five times in just seventeen games... It took Mancini over a hundred games to match that 'achievement'. That is a staggering difference. Personally, I see a lot of progress in most of those players, especially Zaba. But I'm more than willing to accept Hughes was just that shit.

Wafty Cranker said:
I really like Lescott. His attitude seems spot on, as well as seeming to be a nice guy who is popular within the squad. As a defender I think he's world class (but sometimes not great on the ball when under pressure), and should give the guy a new contract. It's a no brainer for me. Mancini just needs tell him where he's at so Lescott can make an informed decision. If Lescott wants to leave after that chat then good luck to the man

He's top of the league!

I don't like the comment about two FA Cup medals though. Surely he should have said one?

he said he's got to two finals

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.