Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tricky_Trev said:
But now Hughes admits that City are still after Lescott yesterday and gave away the club's ploy when he said: "We are still trying to speak to the people who will ultimately make the decision over whether or not the deal continues.
To be honest, that was a stupid thing for Hughes to say. Whether The Mirror has got the people involved correct (Joorabchian and Zahavi) i don't know, but i think they are correct to suggest that Hughes gave away our next move in that interview. He quite clearly reveals we are going to try and get Everton's board to sell without Gollum's permission. And i don't think effectively telling the press this will help our cause.

To be honest, the Joorabchian and Zahavi involvement was mentioned on Monday in the press and was backed by sources close to Lescott claiming that he hoped a deal would be concluded soon.

col123ruth said:
i would be devastated if we lost petrov he is one of the best players in the premiership, i would rather get rid of robinho than petrov all day long..

You should throw that crack pipe in the bin mate.

Thaksinssoldier said:
I'm not too far off agreeing with that either...a fit and motivated Petrov is every bit as dangerous as Robinho.
no he isnt....... seriously he isnt..... i really mean it, he isnt.

Tricky_Trev said:
To be honest, that was a stupid thing for Hughes to say. Whether The Mirror has got the people involved correct (Joorabchian and Zahavi) i don't know, but i think they are correct to suggest that Hughes gave away our next move in that interview. He quite clearly reveals we are going to try and get Everton's board to sell without Gollum's permission. And i don't think effectively telling the press this will help our cause.

Yeah, bad move. Hughes has done this before aswell. I know he normally bats these questions away nice and safely but this was a mistake.

He must hate Moyes to basically say 'Moyes doesn't matter, we're going above him'

Silly move and I can see Moyes resigning if the deal happens. More likely scenario is Lescott staying which benefits nobody except Moyes.

Going above Moyes could be great. It could cause alot of friction between Moyes and Kenwright if Lescott is sold.

Result imo.

Dillon said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Yeah, bad move. Hughes has done this before aswell. I know he normally bats these questions away nice and safely but this was a mistake.

He must hate Moyes to basically say 'Moyes doesn't matter, we're going above him'

Silly move and I can see Moyes resigning if the deal happens. More likely scenario is Lescott staying which benefits nobody except Moyes.

We'll see. Moyes has boxed himself into a corner and has a reputation for being extremely stubborn, but I don't see Hughes' comments as being that significant. It's between kenwright, the american and him. If he does have to beat a retreat, you can bet it'll be spun six ways from sunday, and they'll find a way to present a united front.

bizzbo said:
Dillon said:

We'll see. Moyes has boxed himself into a corner and has a reputation for being extremely stubborn, but I don't see Hughes' comments as being that significant. It's between kenwright, the american and him. If he does have to beat a retreat, you can bet it'll be spun six ways from sunday, and they'll find a way to present a united front.

they'll blame Lescott, spout some rubbish about team spirit, people's club, on reflection it was benefiting nobody, with a heavy heart we've decided to let him go, wish him luck, but best for the team, Everton and the fans, nobody wants to keep an unhappy player, the money was too much, unbelievable offer, family reasons......etc

Utter tripe put please see how many of those feature if he signs for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.