Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
twinkletoes said:
What about the bids for Taylor and Senderos?

At Everton bids are referred to as "showing interest". Just as I would show interest in a Ferrari, yet not make an offer.

twinkletoes said:
Darker shade of Blue said:
That's only a possibility though Matty , and not guaranteed .
If we sell Lescott today , who covers his position tomorrow ? Yes , we could possibly bring someone in before the window closes , but could we get a defender or two that would be up to the job ?
We also need cover in other positions . It looks easy on paper , but in the real world , it's not so simple .

Although the club have acknowledged Senderos as being a target , they haven't yet acknowledged we are in for Taylor .
Some time ago , I offered my opinion that the Senderos deal may be a tricky one , as Arsenal may themselves be looking at getting Lescott .
Many disagreed saying Arsenal were'nt in the market for another defender , then low and behold , they target the Fulham lad . I think the Senderos deal was indeed connected to Lescott , so in that respect , I don't think Senderos will happen , and if it does , it may be at a price that is more expensive than previously expected .

Taylor is a good player ( yes he has a negative side ) , but £8 million is a lot of money for Everton , so I'm not sure it will be that high .
In either case , we need more defenders , and if we did buy either , we would only be balancing the squad , and not necessarily using these players to replace Lescott .

The Fixer said:
It appears to me our resident Evertonians are more content with fighting off city than they are about adding quality to their own squad.

Moyes = stubborn cnut

You will get mullered off Arsenal on saturday, you will struggle to get top 6 imo.

Yep - just done my predictions for the season for our work sweepstake and the highest I can see Neverton finishing is 10th (although that's more to do with the amount of shite teams we've got in the league this year). Moyes will be shown up to be the joke of a manager that he is this year, when the team spirit he relies on so heavily is trashed by his obstructive stance over Lescott, and he can't bring any new players in to complement his profoundly average squad - I fear for Everton this year!

Everton1878 said:
The Fixer said:
So you need to sell to shift your mega debts??

Past few seasons we've recorded record turnover. That's helping but we struggle to get Moyes funds for the summer.

It hardly means we have to start selling all our best players.

its not bad enough you come on here with made up stories about our club, but now your doing about your own. Your in debt to the hilt, Kenwright cant manage it for much longer, if the club fails to keep where they are in the division you screwed, and no one wants to put money in

those are the facts about Evertons finance.

Everton1878 said:
The Fixer said:
It appears to me our resident Evertonians are more content with fighting off city than they are about adding quality to their own squad.

Moyes = stubborn cnut

You will get mullered off Arsenal on saturday, you will struggle to get top 6 imo.

On the basis of what?

A small squad? Had one ever since Moyes took over.

A player wanting out? After the Rooney saga we broke the top 4.

Evertonians want to add quality to the squad but why does that mean we have to let our best players go too? Is that some sort of unwritten law?

A) you have punched above your weight last few seasons
B)Small squad and now euro fixtures
C)jags out injured
D)Lescott wants out, yobo ACN, Saha injury prone, as is Yak, pienaar not commiting to you
E) you have not added any new signing (JO) pmsl.

This season you'll come unstuck imo, starting saturday.

bluevengence said:
Everton1878 said:
So we should be angry at Moyes because the board have given him no money to spend? That makes sense...

10% of the transfer goes to Wolves.

We have 80m debts that need to be shifted.

Moyes isn't guaranteed the money and he knows it.

10% goes to wolves..........ffs what twat of a googley eyed manager would sign a contract like that?

and we did`nt twist lescotts head.....it was already twisted

We're skint. It's how we have to do business. Clauses help up get players for smaller fees.

We don't have all the money in the world you see. So we have to be intelligent with what we do.

Darker shade of Blue said:
twinkletoes said:

Although the club have acknowledged Senderos as being a target , they haven't yet acknowledged we are in for Taylor .
Some time ago , I offered my opinion that the Senderos deal may be a tricky one , as Arsenal may themselves be looking at getting Lescott .
Many disagreed saying Arsenal were'nt in the market for another defender , then low and behold , they target the Fulham lad . I think the Senderos deal was indeed connected to Lescott , so in that respect , I don't think Senderos will happen , and if it does , it may be at a price that is more expensive than previously expected .

Taylor is a good player ( yes he has a negative side ) , but £8 million is a lot of money for Everton , so I'm not sure it will be that high .
In either case , we need more defenders , and if we did buy either , we would only be balancing the squad , and not necessarily using these players to replace Lescott .

Moyes said this morning that he is interested in Taylor.

LazyArse said:
The Fixer said:

Moyes = stubborn cnut

You're having a nightmare. The worst kind of spoilt gloryhunter.

gloryhunter is hardly applicable is it. ffs some idiots on this thread

LazyArse said:
The Fixer said:

Moyes = stubborn cnut

You're having a nightmare. The worst kind of spoilt gloryhunter.

So people on here are right you really are stupid cnut!!

sniff said:
Everton1878 said:
Past few seasons we've recorded record turnover. That's helping but we struggle to get Moyes funds for the summer.

It hardly means we have to start selling all our best players.

its not bad enough you come on here with made up stories about our club, but now your doing about your own. Your in debt to the hilt, Kenwright cant manage it for much longer, if the club fails to keep where they are in the division you screwed, and no one wants to put money in

those are the facts about Evertons finance.

Sniff . with respect you're wrong m8 .
Our clubs finances are run very well , and we have a minimal debt compared to many .
It is very manageable , and not too much of an issue where football is concerned .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.