Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
what i find really hard to understand is why everton fans seem happy to keep a player at their club against his wishes. if it was a player at city who didn't want to play for us i'd have him gone for whatever he was valued at. moys hasn't even set an acceptable value he is just saying he won't go which doesn't seem right to me as the player clearly wants to go.

twinkletoes said:
Darker shade of Blue said:
Although the club have acknowledged Senderos as being a target , they haven't yet acknowledged we are in for Taylor .
Some time ago , I offered my opinion that the Senderos deal may be a tricky one , as Arsenal may themselves be looking at getting Lescott .
Many disagreed saying Arsenal were'nt in the market for another defender , then low and behold , they target the Fulham lad . I think the Senderos deal was indeed connected to Lescott , so in that respect , I don't think Senderos will happen , and if it does , it may be at a price that is more expensive than previously expected .

Taylor is a good player ( yes he has a negative side ) , but £8 million is a lot of money for Everton , so I'm not sure it will be that high .
In either case , we need more defenders , and if we did buy either , we would only be balancing the squad , and not necessarily using these players to replace Lescott .

Moyes said this morning that he is interested in Taylor.

He did ? I missed that . Cheers .

No harm to anyone here, but this is a horrible thread. I come and have a look every so often, but it depresses the life out of me. I now hate any sentence that includes the words "Lescott" and/or "transfer".

Seriously, worst. Thread. Ever. It just goes round and round in fucking circles. We should make like Solomon and cut him in fucking half. Then we'd know who really loves him.

Good day.

Darker shade of Blue said:
sniff said:
its not bad enough you come on here with made up stories about our club, but now your doing about your own. Your in debt to the hilt, Kenwright cant manage it for much longer, if the club fails to keep where they are in the division you screwed, and no one wants to put money in

those are the facts about Evertons finance.

Sniff . with respect you're wrong m8 .
Our clubs finances are run very well , and we have a minimal debt compared to many .
It is very manageable , and not too much of an issue where football is concerned .

not what your manager and chairman said at a press confrence last month in regards to the clubs finance. In fact its the polar opposite, if everton dont have a good cup run or finish high they are up shit creek without a paddle

We have just over 2 weeks of the window left to sort out an additional CB, we dont need to have this done immediately for tomorrows game. I would hope that with the squad players and cover that are already in place, Hughes would deem them good enough to take on Blackburn, Wolves, Palace and Portsmouth. He may have more concerns when we come up against the Liverpool, Rags, Chelsea, Arsenals etc of this league but he is in a fortunate position that the most serious threats (theoretically) do not fall to early in the season. If we went with Zab, Toure and Bridge starting, he has Ned, Dunne, Micah, McGivern, Mee and TBH available to pick from with Kompany to return as well.
These are players that are part of our squad (may not all be come sept 1st) we should be able to rely on them when suspensions and injuries kick in, we will be without Toure in Jan so someone will be filling the role then anyway.

tommcfc said:
what i find really hard to understand is why everton fans seem happy to keep a player at their club against his wishes. if it was a player at city who didn't want to play for us i'd have him gone for whatever he was valued at. moys hasn't even set an acceptable value he is just saying he won't go which doesn't seem right to me as the player clearly wants to go.

1. He is under contract to us - one he just renewed.

2. He is an England international.

3. He is one of our top players.

4. City is one of our rivals for league standing.

5. We are stretched thin in defense.

6. Keeping him will not allow him to play for a rival.

The Fixer said:
A) you have punched above your weight last few seasons

How do you punch above your weight for numerous seasons? That doesn't make sense. I can see you using that term for Hull in the first 6 months but if a team regulatory gets European football, gets to an FA Cup Final and breaks the top 4 how are they punching above their weight?

The Fixer said:
B)Small squad and now euro fixtures

2 seasons ago we won every group game then was knocked out by Fiorentina on penalties with that small squad. Again, must be a one off. A fluke. Punching above our weight.

The Fixer said:
C)jags out injured

Have you ever seen Joseph Yobo play? Oh and we still have Lescott. Yobo and Lescott is a better partnership than you can muster at the moment.

The Fixer said:
D)Lescott wants out, yobo ACN, Saha injury prone, as is Yak, pienaar not commiting to you

Lescott wants out? Fair enough, he does. Unfortunately for him he still has 4 years left on his contract so we will keep him for now. You have players going to the ACN too. It's the same for every club. It's not just going to suddenly impact Everton more than other sides. Saha is injury prone, I'm not arguing that but Yak certainly isn't. He injured his cruciate and put himself out for nearly a year. How is that injury prone? Pienaar is in contract negotiations now. He has 2 years left on his contract. You haven't got a clue about the running of Everton mate, so why make out you have?

The Fixer said:
E) you have not added any new signing (JO) pmsl.

You're laughing at Jo but your club paid 18m for him? Jesus Christ mate. You're a fucking idiot.

The Fixer said:
E) you have not added any new signing (JO) pmsl.

You're laughing at Jo but your club paid 18m for him? Jesus Christ mate. You're a fucking idiot.[/quote]

How good is it that we can afford to write off that ammount of money when you can even pay his wages. Hes not an idiot just forgets not all clubs are as fortunate as our own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.