Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i for one don't think jagielka is a better defender than lescott. everton fans will see this once he gets back at CB for them and lescott is not alongside him. reminds me of the city fans who thought kit symons was better than keith curle at the time. when curle left symons turned into a right donkey.

I hope we drag this right out ..mmm until say friday and let gollum pull his hair out .. yeah knee,s dodgy extra test methinks
leave them sweating

mikeyboy said:
i for one don't think jagielka is a better defender than lescott. everton fans will see this once he gets back at CB for them and lescott is not alongside him. reminds me of the city fans who thought kit symons was better than keith curle at the time. when curle left symons turned into a right donkey.

Kit Symons order of ability:

Footballer >>>>>>>>> Catalog model

Ribbed-In-You said:
Obliged to drop publicly chasing him via the media, yes.

What statement made by anyone involved at the club breaks that rule? Go on, find me a quote.

I don't think Hughes has been flawless in this at all, but he hasn't broken any rule. The stories apearing in the press are no different to the stories appearing about Senderos (I believe Moyes has made similar comments to Hughes on Senderos) and the stories appearing about Taylor.

Don't kid yourself lad.

stony said:
Ribbed-In-You said:
He is though, shame he's injured.

He's had one good season. There's no saying he will regain his form after his injury.

Dunno, Lescott was awesome the season before last, Jagielka made him look good last season and was getting picked by Capello before him.

The year he got his 10 goals, he was playing 90% of matches at left-back and bombing forward much more often, too many on here are expecting some sort of goal machine defensive legend...

I reckon it's a waste of money and now that Moyes will stop moaning and start sorting out transfers, there's every chance that Everton will be stronger in a weeks time than they would've been had Lescott stayed put.

Ribbed-In-You said:
stony said:
He's had one good season. There's no saying he will regain his form after his injury.

Dunno, Lescott was awesome the season before last, Jagielka made him look good last season and was getting picked by Capello before him.

The year he got his 10 goals, he was playing 90% of matches at left-back and bombing forward much more often, too many on here are expecting some sort of goal machine defensive legend...

I reckon it's a waste of money and now that Moyes will stop moaning and start sorting out transfers, there's every chance that Everton will be stronger in a weeks time than they would've been had Lescott stayed put.

Maybe you'll get a draw soon!

Ribbed-In-You said:
stony said:

the amount of everton fans i have told this is annoying. We dont need him as a goal machine. We have Tevez, Robinho, Adebayor, Ireland, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, SWP and Petrov to score us the goals

Ribbed-In-You said:
there's every chance that Everton will be stronger in a weeks time than they would've been had Lescott stayed put.

I think that's wishful thinking mate. There's no way Moyes will see a quarter of the transfer money. If the rumoured £12 plus Jo is true, I doubt he will see any.

moomba said:
Ribbed-In-You said:
Obliged to drop publicly chasing him via the media, yes.

What statement made by anyone involved at the club breaks that rule? Go on, find me a quote.

I don't think Hughes has been flawless in this at all, but he hasn't broken any rule. The stories apearing in the press are no different to the stories appearing about Senderos (I believe Moyes has made similar comments to Hughes on Senderos) and the stories appearing about Taylor.

Don't kid yourself lad.

From the 7th;

"I could have lifted up the phone and asked David if he would sell his centre-half and he would have said no," Hughes said. "So where do you go from that point? If you ask every other club we have dealt with about transfers this summer, they will tell you we have conducted our business pretty correctly. Certainly Arsenal, you ask them how we dealt with signing Kolo Touré and Emmanuel Adebayor.

"What we try to do is get the relevant people who can conclude a deal around the table but they [Everton] have been reluctant to do that. People obviously don't want their best players to leave but players are now seriously considering their futures if they feel there is an opportunity to come to City. That's all we are doing, and that's no different to clubs in years gone by."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.