Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
everton have been engaging in double-talk since this whole affair began. there are no comments from city that could be construed as being an 'inducement to break his contract'. hughes nearly fell foul of this when he said Terry may be looking for a new challenge, but this doesnt amount to an incitement to break contract, it's speculation. the worse you can say was is that it was inappropriate comment, potentially unhelpful to the other club. there is a world of difference between talking out of turn about someone else's player and actually offering them an inducement to leave.

as far as I can make out, what would comprise 'an inducement' is a grey area. bidding for another teams player obviously tells the player you are interested in their services, but it is standard practise. Moyes appears to have hinted that city's repeated bids amounted to an illegal approach, but this suggestion is undermined by Everton's failure to informe city clearly and unequivocally that the player was not for sale. I've repeatedly challenged Everton fans to show me any evidence of such a statement, and all they come up with are the same somewhat vague statements from Moyes, 'we are not looking to sell any of our players'. So Lescott's keenness to leave cannot in itself be interpreted as a sign that any illegal inducement had been offered to him, as city's interest in him was declared in the normal way.

The only precedent for action being take over an illegal approach for a player involved face to face meetings by senior club officials and a contracted player (Ashley Cole). This suggests that the FA are aware that whilst severe breaches must be punished, the letter of the law could be held to outlaw many practises that are considered essential, and normal, by most clubs, and also in the interest of players. Players are restricted beyond the usual Employment Law, and the FA must be careful not to restrict their ability to ply their trade and maximise their career, or they risk a legal challenge to their authority, of the type that brought about the Bosman Ruling. The transfer market is a useful tool in balancing the interests of the clubs and the individual players. Any alternate system would be far less considerate towards the clubs.

As the FA's governance exists to protect all clubs and players, it seems reasonable to assume that they they will not punish an specific example of an action that has upset an individual club, but could be seen as 'normal', within the bounds of 'fairness', as in the vast majority of cases it is part of a system that works in the interest of clubs and players.

So the line appears to be drawn at direct contact between contracted players and officials from other clubs, any attempt to offer specific terms, any attempt to directly encourage the player to break his contract. The law does not, and cannot, include any and all activity that includes clubs indirectly 'sounding out' contracted players, or expressing their interest in them, as to do so, it would have to outlaw any club from bidding for a contracted player.

OJ Blue said:
OJ Blue said:
Let me just clarify.

I originally heard about this transfer happening around 2 months ago, the original source was an Everton friend who knows a staff member at their training ground.

The second time I got wind of this was from a different friend, who is mates with a former Everton player (now plying his trade elsehwere).

The third and final source is from a friend who knows a former City Captain, which is where this latest info from, I wouldn't post anything unless there was more than reasonable chance of it coming true.

ITK or whatever people want to claim is a load of bollox, I'm a City fan wanting the best for our club and passing on what I believe to be genuine information. I get snippets now and then that is all.

So all in all 2 good City sources and one half decent Everton say its happening, and I for one believe it.

Why don't you just fuck off, you know nothing prick!

WTF???????

Bridge25 said:
Had a call before the game today from a very reliable source that Lescott WAS at the stadium prior to the game AND had signed but it will not be announced until at least after the Everton game tomorrow!

I have no reason to doubt the source as she has always be 100% reliable with info in the past...we shall wait and see!!!

Get in lol... told you she was reliable, I had no reason to doubt her at all!

Of course Moyes doesn't want his best players to go especially in positions where is has little cover.

We have given him the opportunity to spend the money he has now at most likely well above what they would have valued him themselves in a pre Dubai market.

I hope Lescott proves he was worth the money and knuckles down quickly and put the past behind him.

See what alot of people everton fans mostly is that it isnt just about having the money to buy the player its about being able to pay the requisite wages to the player which unfortunately everton just cannot offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.