Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
sky reckon around lunch time
do you think well hold a conference this afternoon then

hope so cause then that gives us enough time to get to the ground

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/</a> ... dunne_exit

Lescott arrival could see Dunne exit

Stuart Brennan

August 24, 2009
JOLEON Lescott was today due to sign for Manchester City in a deal worth £24m.

And the arrival of the Everton defender after the long- running transfer saga could mean that Richard Dunne played his last game for the Blues in Saturday's 1-0 win over Wolves.

Lescott, who will become the second most expensive defender in British football, is expected to have a medical in Manchester today, and is lined up for a debut against Crystal Palace in Thursday night's Carling Cup tie at Selhurst Park.

City finally clinched the signing by making a third bid of an initial £22m, with an extra £2m dependent on appearances and successes.

That has brought to an end a story which has run for months and which shredded relations between the two clubs and between manager Mark Hughes and David Moyes.

Reports that Everton are set to ask the FA to investigate the deal are wide of the mark, although the unhappy Moyes is believed to be considering his options once the transfer is completed.

The arrival of Lescott puts Dunne's place in the side in jeopardy, and Sunderland head a queue of teams interested in City's longest-serving player.

Ironically, Dunne could be targeted by Everton, from whom the Blues signed him in 2000 for £3m, while Aston Villa are also interested.

But Hughes praised Dunne and his fellow defenders for keeping a third clean sheet of the week against Wolves.

"It's nothing less than I would expect," he said. "We are trying to make the team and the squad stronger."

OJ Blue said:
sam221985 said:
think it was more a case of him ironically drawing attention to the fact he was actually right.

surprised it's gone over so many heads :-s

I always talk to myself. As nobody else listens!

The main thing is we have our man, poor Dunney.

fuck off you know nothing prick ;-)

Hope we can keep Dunne. And Lescott certainly shouldn't be walking straight into the team for Thursday. It's a very important match for us, we're on a run of clean sheets, and Lescott will have only had two days training with his new teammates.

it's on SSN as well...

9.00 Manchester City defender Richard Dunne is reportedly a target for Everton and Aston Villa as Joleon Lescott prepares to complete his move to Eastlands.

Does this mean Dunne has played his last game for City?

Ticket For Schalke said:
Do you think Khaldoon was over to sanction the transfer??

Maybe...

TBH I'm pleased we've got the player, but disgusted over the huge inflated fee. No other club would be asked to pay that amount of money for Lescott, who IMO is not as good as Toure. But together, I think they'll steel-up the back four and we'll be keeping more clean sheets this season.

Also possibly goodbye to Dunney...should get £5M for him, if not a touch more.

Dubai Blue said:
Hope we can keep Dunne. And Lescott certainly shouldn't be walking straight into the team for Thursday. It's a very important match for us, we're on a run of clean sheets, and Lescott will have only had two days training with his new teammates.

Definitely not, bring him on in the 60th-70th minute or something.

This defence has kept a clean sheet for the last three games, so why change a winning formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.