Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
mike channon´s windmill said:
We need 4 central defenders , 2 in and 2 cover , end of - sell Dunne and we have t buy again simple as! Would be silly imo - next season yes

that depends on what Hughes is planning to do with Kompany once his toe heals

we could be looking at Toure, Lescott, Ned and Kompany as the 4 central defenders with Dunnie moving on if he want first team football

We need 4 central defenders , 2 in and 2 cover , end of - sell Dunne and we have t buy again simple as! Would be silly imo - next season yes

I must dis-agree about selling Dunney, clean sheets so far this season.

he is showing his determination to start for the team and I think to get rid now just because we have lescott coming would be a bad move...keep him until christmas and see how he feels about his games, then make a decision....

Also agree with above comments on not starting lescott. If we need to keep strong until the 90th minute then he shouldnt play at all. only if we are at a comfotable stage of the game.

Gee

sam221985 said:
Dubai Blue said:
Hope we can keep Dunne. And Lescott certainly shouldn't be walking straight into the team for Thursday. It's a very important match for us, we're on a run of clean sheets, and Lescott will have only had two days training with his new teammates.

Definitely not, bring him on in the 60th-70th minute or something.

This defence has kept a clean sheet for the last three games, so why change a winning formula.
Also, Lescott has missed Everton's last 2 games and has been training on his bill. His fitness will be lower than the rest of the squad. I'd fully expect Lescott to be on the bench on Thursday and maybe even for the Pompey game too, whilst he builds up his fitness. Then cue a load of WUMs saying "yooz lot av spended £24m on a sub. Dat's just stoopid."

even if we sold Dunne we would have that

Toure + Lescott
Kompany + Onuoha

still don't think we should sell Dunnie though, even putting aside all the sentiment and the fact he's a City legend etc, the simple fact is he's performed well this season - 3 good games out of 3 - and for me he's shown that he still very much has something to offer and is a good option to have.

Biamp said:
it's on SSN as well...

9.00 Manchester City defender Richard Dunne is reportedly a target for Everton and Aston Villa as Joleon Lescott prepares to complete his move to Eastlands.

Does this mean Dunne has played his last game for City?

Sell dunne to Everton for 20 mill. job done lol

We should not be dealing with Everton ever again in my opinion. I get the impression we are now going to be treated like the rags by them. They kicked up a huge fuss over Rooney but have gone back to them time and time again getting cut price deals for their scraps. We shouldn't be so sympathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.