Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give him until midweek to hand in a transfer request, if he doesn't then we should just walk away & leave him be.
To keep going back with slightly better offers is ridiculous & he sure as shit aint worth more than £22m

[quote="barryoI have had the same info from a different source.

Lescott is desperate to come to us, which is a good sign.

He will force the issue with a Transfer request.

Personally i think we need him and we should pay the money and call it undisclosed.

Simples[/quote]

I agree with you.

25m is vastly overpriced,however,we need a quality defender,he fits the bill,and we have the money.

My only concern is obvious - this deal gives Moyes plenty of ammunition to strenghthen his team which is why i believe,if any available,an overseas,equally gifted alternative, would be a better option.

As far as us saying the fee is undisclosed............matters not a jot what we do, Everton will announce the fee to try & justify selling him.

deano ou812 said:
its all to similar to the terry saga..if lescott wanted to come surely he would have handed a transfer request in by now

i had thought the same thing deano however, it must be hard for a player to do that if all is going well with his current club.
i know alonso has, but look at the way rafa treated him when he was after barry!

IMO i think lescott does want to come he just doesn't want to force it, he will let the club accept the bid (if they do agree) and skip all the way down the m62.
;-)

Matt Diablo said:
Lescott and Delph, job done and a very f*ckin happy christmas.... really want Delph too, buying a top young British talent is as good as a big established prem player for me, we've always raised our own but bringing them in is something we havn't done since..?

Spot on. That would make a very fucking happy christmas without any doubt. It's taken a while for Lescott to go on public and state he wants the move. By the end of the week if the deal transfer is not progressing then we have to move to other targets IMO.

bluemoon32 said:
As far as us saying the fee is undisclosed............matters not a jot what we do, Everton will announce the fee to try & justify selling him.

they'd have to weigh that up against not announcing it so they don't get over-charged for players when it comes to spending the money.

bluemoon32 said:
Give him until midweek to hand in a transfer request, if he doesn't then we should just walk away & leave him be.
To keep going back with slightly better offers is ridiculous & he sure as shit aint worth more than £22m

Add to that, if we get him for £22m then Everton will have the chance to strength their squad. And if we don't get him then they will end up as they are at the moment. Which at the end of the day will benefit us (if we don't sign him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.