Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well looks like its all getting nasty (Thankfully) Moyes is now saying Lescott has to put in a transfer request and go public if he wants the move. I also notice that Moyes and Kenright are not actually saying Lescott is happy to stay unlike Chelsea with Terry.

Personally I think this is out of order really just so he and the club can save a bit of face and not pay the loyalty bonus which will probably be huge on that sort of fee.

Meanwhile we seem to be piling the presure on eversucm going for Delph and Elm.

A tried and tested tactic this worked well with spurs when they showed an interst in Bellamy we went in for their main interest Palacious. Give us what we want or we will do all we can to stop you signing your main transfer targets.

Regardless of what people think I am pretty sure the Jo season long loan will be in doubt as well if we dont get Lescott. We have not taken a loan fee unlike the other loan deals we have done so there is almost certainly a recall option in there.

Good work city I am reasonably confident we will get our way and Lescott will end up at city !

alera said:
Well looks like its all getting nasty (Thankfully) Moyes is now saying Lescott has to put in a transfer request and go public if he wants the move. I also notice that Moyes and Kenright are not actually saying Lescott is happy to stay unlike Chelsea with Terry.

Personally I think this is out of order really just so he and the club can save a bit of face and not pay the loyalty bonus which will probably be huge on that sort of fee.

Meanwhile we seem to be piling the presure on eversucm going for Delph and Elm.

A tried and tested tactic this worked well with spurs when they showed an interst in Bellamy we went in for their main interest Palacious. Give us what we want or we will do all we can to stop you signing your main transfer targets.

Regardless of what people think I am pretty sure the Jo season long loan will be in doubt as well if we dont get Lescott. We have not taken a loan fee unlike the other loan deals we have done so there is almost certainly a recall option in there.

Good work city I am reasonably confident we will get our way and Lescott will end up at city !

Said it before and i'll say it again.

GC and his team are nobody's fools and they know what they are doing.

Happy days

If Lescott wants to leave should he get a loyalty bonus? I know I would be pissed off if it was one of hours that wanted a move but was staying quiet just to pocket an extra few hundred thousand for their "loyalty".

The combination of loyalty fee plus signing on fee with a £20M+ deal would make Lescott and instant multi-millionaire. It's not a few hundred k.

He should waive the loyalty fee though as the money he'll make at City will more than make up for that.

Can't blame him for trying though. When it's certain that he NEEDS to hand in a request, I'm sure he will. And that time looks close now.

Though I still get the feeling Khaldoon wants a WHAMMY! signing.

Tevez has to be a 'whammy'?!

There was no mention of marque signings in his statement, just getting the right players in. It's not about big names, its about getting the right balance to win.

moomba said:
If Lescott wants to leave should he get a loyalty bonus? I know I would be pissed off if it was one of hours that wanted a move but was staying quiet just to pocket an extra few hundred thousand for their "loyalty".

Wasn't that the issue with Barton to the barcodes?

Oh......Thank you Joey. I nearly forgot!!!!

mcfcliam said:
Bellamy's Caddy said:
Really?! I'll be as limp as a charity wristband, I don't have anything against Lescott, and hope he'll be a success but got a feeling he's going to be a let down. When you consider the calibre of the other players, all internationals (except taylor of course) Majority have champions league experience, and some have captained their previous clubs. Hopefully Lescott will step up and fit in well but I just feel for 20 million Hughes could have done better, saying that I trust Hughes judgement and if he thinks he's upto the task fair play. Can't wait for the season to start now!

Maybe I'll just be relieved as Everton have tried their upmost to stop us from signing him.

Also, if it's a transfer request that has caused this, it will be because the player badly wanted to join us. I can't remember the last time someone put in a tranfer request so they could come and play for City!

Maybe that's why.

Yeah good point! If he puts in a transfer request then that's commitment and anyone who wants to play for us that badly can't be bad! Just hope he is a success!

Well if Tevez can hurt his ankle stepping out a shower, perhaps that conclusion isn't as daft as it seems Liam! For how talented a footballer they both are, they're pretty clumsy falling all over the show injuring themselves aren't they? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.