Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: official move for Lescott today...

stony said:
Blue Phil said:
Ok, lets look at spurs mad's 'predictions'

RSC. check, could have been guessed but mark hughes said several times we may look at other targets instead so it wasn't dead cert.

Stuart Taylor. check, completely unknown to me, i couldnt have guessed we would get him in a million years, as soon as spurs mad told us, a day later the papers started reporting it.

Barry. check.

Tevez, told us we would get him on the 1st. Recently papers have been saying we will get him on the 1st, also chelsea have dropped out since but when he told us they were very much still in the mix.

TBH, i wouldnt argue that he isn't itk, he clearly has a good source.

He got Colruka right too, before anyone else had a clue. He posted it on COYS and someone from there posted in on here.

And Bridge.

Darker shade of Blue said:
Braggster said:
DSOB - don't agree that Lescott (or another CB) would be our most important acquisition. That is RSC, he may not be the best player we buy, but the one player we were crying out for was a decent centre forward who could hold the ball up, score from set pieces and crosses, and allow the defence to step up 5-10 yards further up the pitch.

If fit (big if, obviously, lol) RSC will make the biggest impact on the team - both at the back and up front.

Have you looked at how many goals you conceded last season ?

yes, and have you read what I wrote? I was talking about the defence. It's not just the back 4, you know.

Westermann > Lescott

It's that simple really. I'd rather we got the big German, and I say that as someone who firmly believes it's important we have an English core to our side.

GStar said:
Braggster said:
DSOB - don't agree that Lescott (or another CB) would be our most important acquisition. That is RSC, he may not be the best player we buy, but the one player we were crying out for was a decent centre forward who could hold the ball up, score from set pieces and crosses, and allow the defence to step up 5-10 yards further up the pitch.

If fit (big if, obviously, lol) RSC will make the biggest impact on the team - both at the back and up front.

I say a lot of that was when we were struggling to get the balance right in our side... we tightened up as Hughes' work ethic and plans were distilled into the team.

Your run in since the Chelsea game in March went like this :

Chelsea 1-0 Man City
AaB Aalborg 2-0 Man City
Man City 1-0 Sunderland
Arsenal 2-0 Man City
Hamburg 3-1 Man City
Man City 1-3 Fulham
Man City 2-1 Hamburg
Man City 4-2 West Brom
Everton 1-2 Man City
Man City 3-1 Blackburn
Man Utd 2-0 Man City
Tottenham 2-1 Man City
Man City 1-0 Bolton

There is nothing tightened up there sorry .

sam221985 said:
Westermann > Lescott

It's that simple really. I'd rather we got the big German, and I say that as someone who firmly believes it's important we have an English core to our side.

Yes, it really is that simple as we know how this German lad will adapt to the Prem. Thanks.

I think £18-£20 million is a fair valuation for Lescott, given what Liverpool have just paid for Johnson. Everton got Lescott for £5 million 3 years ago and Pompey paid £4 million for Johnson 2 years ago. Johnson was probably undervalued at the time, and it was a bit of a steal for Pompey whereas Lescott had done well for Wolves but hadn't had much top flight experience (I'm guessing he must've featured in their one Premiership season in 2003-2004) so £5 million was about right.

I wouldn't expect Everton to sell for £15 million, and I wouldn't blame them either - he's a key player for them. If they were to hold out for much above £20 million then I reckon that would be understandable from their point of view (selling a key player with several years left on his contract, and selling to pretty much a direct rival) but from our point of view it would be taking the piss a bit, regardless of how much money we have.

Braggster said:
Braggster said:

yes, and have you read what I wrote? I was talking about the defence. It's not just the back 4, you know.

Yep , fair do's m8 .

Braggster said:
Braggster said:

Yep , fair do's m8 .

Feeder

We do have to bring in defenders, last season we knew we had no problem hitting the back of the net, but at the other end you could always feel that we were going to concede, We need two more defenders in, I reckon we should sign Lescott and Toure.

johnmc said:
sam221985 said:
Westermann > Lescott

Yes, it really is that simple as we know how this German lad will adapt to the Prem. Thanks.

German players have a solid record of adapting well to the Prem. If he was Italian fair enough..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.