Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: official move for Lescott today...

Omiclops said:
Darker shade of Blue said:
thomo said:
just had a look at everton forum and they all saying lescott is worth 24m because the rs paid 18 for johnson....

unbelievable he's not worth that much.

How can you offer rediculous amounts of money for recent players , and hum and har about your most important acquisition of the season should it come off ?

Most important acquisition?
Lescott is just above average. We won't be distraught without him, we have plenty of other players that can cover. Barry will probably be the most important acquisition, unless we get Eto'o, and even then ...

He is much better than that m8 , seriously , even if I am a Blue .

Bluemer said:
Thatchersforearm said:
£12 million and Jo makes perfect sense

So 30 mill ?!?!

Just because we paid £19m for Jo doesn't mean he's worth that amount. If we were to sell him to a Premier League rival how much would they pay? £19m? £12m? £10m? I would personally say for a goals to games ratio that he was playing at for Everton last season means he is valued at £6m. AND everton want him

Omiclops said:
thomo said:
just had a look at everton forum and they all saying lescott is worth 24m because the rs paid 18 for johnson....

How can you offer rediculous amounts of money for recent players , and hum and har about your most important acquisition of the season should it come off ?

Most important acquisition?
Lescott is just above average. We won't be distraught without him, we have plenty of other players that can cover. Barry will probably be the most important acquisition, unless we get Eto'o, and even then ...

He is much better than that m8 , seriously , even if I am a Blue .

DSOB, you said earlier in the thread that Phil Jagielka was "the best defender in the world" so with respect, excuse me if I dont take your opinion too seriously

GStar said:
thomo said:

Haha come on mate, banter needs to have an element or turth or believability about it!

Lol .
Seriously though , your priority is your defence .
You can buy as many star strikers as you want , but if you don't fix your defence , you'll get steam rollered by the top sides while your strikers pick there noses up field .

Noone in their right mind thinks Kaka , Ronaldo Eto'o and co are worth that kind of money , so what I'm saying , hypothetically , is that if Lescott will fix your defensive issues , why don't you just give Everton an enormous figure , and get him .
He is still for me the most important transfer you will make this season should it happen .

They said Barca would get dominated by the rags with their poor defence ;)

Thatchersforearm said:
Bluemer said:
Thatchersforearm said:
£12 million and Jo makes perfect sense

So 30 mill ?!?!

Just because we paid £19m for Jo doesn't mean he's worth that amount. If we were to sell him to a Premier League rival how much would they pay? £19m? £12m? £10m? I would personally say for a goals to games ratio that he was playing at for Everton last season means he is valued at £6m. AND everton want him

For the last time WE DIDN'T

That's all, have a nice day

Blumers Bloomers said:
DSOB, you said earlier in the thread that Phil Jagielka was "the best defender in the world" so with respect, excuse me if I dont take your opinion too seriously

Nobody takes my opinion too seriously m8 - not even me :P

thomo said:

How is Lescott our most important acquisition and 12 million for Barry and 15 for Santa Cruz is hardly stupid money is it?

DSOB - don't agree that Lescott (or another CB) would be our most important acquisition. That is RSC, he may not be the best player we buy, but the one player we were crying out for was a decent centre forward who could hold the ball up, score from set pieces and crosses, and allow the defence to step up 5-10 yards further up the pitch.

If fit (big if, obviously, lol) RSC will make the biggest impact on the team - both at the back and up front.

Braggster said:
DSOB - don't agree that Lescott (or another CB) would be our most important acquisition. That is RSC, he may not be the best player we buy, but the one player we were crying out for was a decent centre forward who could hold the ball up, score from set pieces and crosses, and allow the defence to step up 5-10 yards further up the pitch.

If fit (big if, obviously, lol) RSC will make the biggest impact on the team - both at the back and up front.

Have you looked at how many goals you conceded last season ?

Braggster said:

Have you looked at how many goals you conceded last season ?

I say a lot of that was when we were struggling to get the balance right in our side... we tightened up as Hughes' work ethic and plans were distilled into the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.