Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omiclops said:
Has nobody seen on SSN that Senderos is about to sign for Everton? Is that not a CLEAR indication that Lescott is most probably on his way, now that Moyes has a replacement?

Yeah we've seen it, there's a thread devoted just to that. I don't see that as a clear indication at all, what it tells me is that Jagielka is out for a long time, further than expected. Lets be honest, Senderos as a replacement for Lescott? The scousers would go insane. I see him as a cover signing at best.

Tell you what is quite odd really is that the ITKs on here get hounded on here and get told they no sod all about the goings on in the club.

But when the everton fans impart their wisdom that senderos is no more than a back up signing we take it as gospel. yes Moyes said he was going to sign another defender but Senderos was back up at arsenal who have just Lost a defender to us why would he move down to be back up at a club not in the champs league and who are hardly renowned for playing their back up squads in cup competitions like arsenal are?

Jagielka out till November allegedly

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_ ... _table.php</a>

mancboy123 said:
Tell you what is quite odd really is that the ITKs on here get hounded on here and get told they no sod all about the goings on in the club.

But when the everton fans impart their wisdom that senderos is no more than a back up signing we take it as gospel. yes Moyes said he was going to sign another defender but Senderos was back up at arsenal who have just Lost a defender to us why would he move down to be back up at a club not in the champs league and who are hardly renowned for playing their back up squads in cup competitions like arsenal are?

Couldn't give a shit about ITK's or Everton fans me mate, I look at it from my own point of view. If we had Lescott and Everton were buying him off us for £25m or whatever, and Phillipe fucking Senderos came in as his replacement, i'd be fuming!!!! Thats why I said he's a back up player, as thats my view on it.

1qwerty said:
M18CTID said:
I've just posted this in the main forum but it probably belongs here too:

Moyes is being pathetic IMO - if he's holding out for the best price I don't have a problem with that whatsoever, but I'm talking about his comments from the weekend. He'd have a point if City have blatantly tapped up Lescott, but there are no accusations from him regarding this and by all accounts everything has been pretty much above board. It's not our fault that Lescott is now reportedly unsettled at Everton - I think the prospect of doubling your wages and playing for a team that is more likely to challenge for honours in the coming seasons as opposed to a lifetime of finishing no higher than 5th and playing predominantly dour set-piece football is enough to turn anybody's head. That last bit might sound harsh because Moyes has done a fantastic job on a small budget at Everton but whichever way you look at it Everton come across as another Bolton under Sam Allardyce which is a far cry from Moyes's early days as Preston manager when his teams played fantastic football.

As for Moyes saying that at least Chelsea in the Abramovich era have always done things the right way - I'm sorry David but that's the most laughable piece of bullshit I've heard in a long time. Are you saying you have the inside track on every transfer that Chelsea have been involved in over the past 6 years? And how would you call the blatant tapping up of Ashley Cole doing things the right way?

Fuck off Moyes.

Moyes was dead right in what he said .... Everton were never contacted directly by City about Lescott until they made a derisory offer for him , He's doing the best for his club and has done with honesty for 7 years .. and how many Everton games have you watched over the last few seasons ? Of course there are games where we have to defend but there's also been games such as beating Sunderland 7 - 1 , Your pre season games havent exactly been ' edge of the seat ' classics , not that too much should be read into these games but don't expect a start like Sven had for you when a team of new signings and old heads gelled quite quickly . By bringing this attention to yourselves by trying to sign every player going via the media , the minute you put a foot wrong they'll be biting your ass like a hungry doberman .. Can Hughes handle the pressure .... ? nah ! he's already ranting worse than Rafa ... who cares now about his playing career ? he's got a different job now and on a level playing field with any of his peers he'd lose out big time

Joleon will go to city ... I've no doubt about that now ... And for the wages he'll get , who blames him ... I don't , but don't kid yourselves if he says he's " going for the Challenge " , Rubbish ... A fully fit Everton is capable of beating any team in the Premier league , That's a proper challenge ... winning when the odds are against you ... something we've done for the last 7 years

And out of respect .. I promise I won't gloat when we finish above you this coming season ... :) Best of luck boys (and Ladies)

You make some decent points but I think your record against the top 4 in recent seasons shows that you are not capable of beating any team in the league. What Everton have done and done well is make sure that they beat the dross in the league more often than not, this is what has propelled Everton up the league.

I have no axe to grind with Everton but some of your supporters on here are deluded, obviously the same can be said for a number of City fans on here but at least they do it on their own forum. If you cant see that the potential at City is bigger than that at Everton then you are another of the deluded!

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
jimbo101 said:
I know for a fact that Everton have been asked by their bankers to take their accounts to another bank - that is how much of a financial mess they are in.
Kenwright desperately wants to sell to get some much needed cash in, but is too scared to upset his manager, whose priority is to keep his squad together, not balance the books.
It appears that Moyes holds the cards at everton, despite their financial position.
IMO we should pull out of the deal now & concentrate elsewhere.

Part of the reason that Moyes will fight tooth and nail for Lescott is because he is fully aware of just how drastically his loss will weaken Everton, that is a good enough reason alone to give this one a little more time now Joleon is coming good and starting to rock the boat as he said he would. Weve waited a very long time, a few more days will pay rewards IMO.

Moyes knows the he has lost Lescott but he is being a twat and hanging him out to dry as a warning to other Everton players. Moyes knows that we could be back in January or next summer - for other Everton players and Moyes wants to make it clear it won't be easy to engineer a move out of Goodison. You can't blame him even if he gets £25m for Lescott he will get taken to the cleaners by other clubs and agents who will take advantage when they know he has money.

Everton's financial affairs are a bit odd and complex. Their primary bankers are annoyed that they have gone off and borrowed money elsewhere - I think in Scotland - and so whilst there financial position is not good it is the relationship with their bankers that is stretched rather than their financial position itself.

Yeah but if you listen to everton fans Moyes is wenger, baconface, benitez and mourinho rolled into one with an added sprinkling of fairy dust on top so if he says senderos is the new maldini then you damn well better believe he is lol.

i have mentioned this way earlier in the thread and i dont no if anyone knows for sure but were linked with bassong if the lescott deal goes tits up but im pretty sure he represents cameroon (represented france at youth) wouldn't that just be a stupid signing considering we just signed kolo, potentially we'd miss our 2 centre backs for all of jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.