Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lomas has a lob on said:
i have mentioned this way earlier in the thread and i dont no if anyone knows for sure but were linked with bassong if the lescott deal goes tits up but im pretty sure he represents cameroon (represented france at youth) wouldn't that just be a stupid signing considering we just signed kolo, potentially we'd miss our 2 centre backs for all of jan.

we have more than 2 but we'll get Lescott anyway.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
i have mentioned this way earlier in the thread and i dont no if anyone knows for sure but were linked with bassong if the lescott deal goes tits up but im pretty sure he represents cameroon (represented france at youth) wouldn't that just be a stupid signing considering we just signed kolo, potentially we'd miss our 2 centre backs for all of jan.

sorry i meant our 2 starting centre backs! just seems a daft signing! hopefully its all hyperthetical anyway, glad too see your optimism over lescott

Lomas has a lob on said:
sorry i meant our 2 starting centre backs! just seems a daft signing! hopefully its all hyperthetical anyway, glad too see your optimism over lescott

He'll be coming unless Moyes refuses a transfer request and commits team spirit suicide !

Lomas has a lob on said:

He'll be coming unless Moyes refuses a transfer request and commits team spirit suicide !
mmmmmm he has Phil Chuckle as captain, my guess is he doesn't worry about team spirit much!

1qwerty said:
Moyes was dead right in what he said .... Everton were never contacted directly by City about Lescott until they made a derisory offer for him , He's doing the best for his club and has done with honesty for 7 years .. and how many Everton games have you watched over the last few seasons ? Of course there are games where we have to defend but there's also been games such as beating Sunderland 7 - 1 , Your pre season games havent exactly been ' edge of the seat ' classics , not that too much should be read into these games but don't expect a start like Sven had for you when a team of new signings and old heads gelled quite quickly . By bringing this attention to yourselves by trying to sign every player going via the media , the minute you put a foot wrong they'll be biting your ass like a hungry doberman .. Can Hughes handle the pressure .... ? nah ! he's already ranting worse than Rafa ... who cares now about his playing career ? he's got a different job now and on a level playing field with any of his peers he'd lose out big time

Joleon will go to city ... I've no doubt about that now ... And for the wages he'll get , who blames him ... I don't , but don't kid yourselves if he says he's " going for the Challenge " , Rubbish ... A fully fit Everton is capable of beating any team in the Premier league , That's a proper challenge ... winning when the odds are against you ... something we've done for the last 7 years

And out of respect .. I promise I won't gloat when we finish above you this coming season ... :) Best of luck boys (and Ladies)

A few issues here:-

Everton were never contacted directly by City about Lescott until they made a derisory offer for him - So, essentially, what you're saying is City didn't contact Everton about the offer until they made the offer? Is that really a problem? What difference would it have made? Are you really telling me that, prior to the initial bid being made Everton had NO IDEA we were interested? And to use the term"derisory offer" is, at best ill informed and, at worst just stupid. £15m for an above average centre half is anything but derisory. Ok, it might not meat your valuation, but it should meet it. Because Everton feel they can fleece City for more doesn't mean the original offer was "derisory".

Your pre season games havent exactly been ' edge of the seat ' classics , not that too much should be read into these games - As you say pre-season means fuck all, so not sure why you felt the need to mention it and then negate your own point (if you can call it that) in the next breath.

don't expect a start like Sven had for you when a team of new signings and old heads gelled quite quickly - We don't expect it, but that doesn't mean it can't/won't happen. Sven's side was far weaker than this one, and contained several players who had no Premiership experience whatsoever. If anything Hughes' side is better prepared for the Premiership than Sven's was.

By bringing this attention to yourselves by trying to sign every player going via the media , the minute you put a foot wrong they'll be biting your ass like a hungry doberman - That is absolutely true, the media are attacking City like a rabid dog for our transfer dealings. Unfortunately the error you made here was stating that WE are the one doing our business via the media, I think you'll find that we didn't tell the media we'd made a bid, that would have been Everton, on their official website, when they rejected the bid. Only after you'd turned this into a media circus (in order to maximise your profit on the Lescott sale, despite club protestations that he "isn'f for sale") then City had no option but to respond.

Can Hughes handle the pressure .... ? nah ! he's already ranting worse than Rafa - So, by that rational, Fergie can't handle the pressure as he called City a "small club with a small mentality". And then there's Moyes who came out ranting about City and how we'd hadn't treated Everton with respect. He's cracking under the pressure I tells ya. Or maybe not.

Joleon will go to city ... I've no doubt about that now ... And for the wages he'll get , who blames him ... I don't , but don't kid yourselves if he says he's " going for the Challenge " - He will indeed be "going for the challenge". He'll also be "going for the money" but to just ignore the greater prospects in terms of future success is naive.

A fully fit Everton is capable of beating any team in the Premier league , That's a proper challenge ... winning when the odds are against you ... something we've done for the last 7 years - A fully fit ANYONE is capable of beating any team in the Premier league. Boro seemed to have a knack for beating United. That's because the standard in the Premiership is fairly high. You have won when the odds are against you, if you consider winning Premiership matches whilst not really being a legitimate challenge to the "Big 4" winning. Your record against those "big 4" is pretty poor, what Everton do is beat those sides they should beat and compete with those sides people would consider their equals. Teams fighting relegation always say it's not the games against Arsenal, Chelsea etc that define their seaons, it's those against the teams around them. The same can be said for Everton, if you beat the dross and compete with Villa, Spurs etc then the lack of competitiveness against the big 4 doesn't really matter. It DOES matter if your aims are to break into the big 4 with regularity, but that isn't Everton's aim, and it isn't feasible given your financial constraints.

I promise I won't gloat when we finish above you this coming season - There's every possibility that Everton will finish above City this season, but there's also every possibility that City will compete with the big 4, we have the team (with a couple of defensive additions, which we WILL get, whoever they may end up being). However I'd be surprised if you finished above us in the 2010/2011 season and beyond. I'd be as surprised at that as I would be at Everton finishing above any of the current Big 4.

Matty said:
1qwerty said:
Moyes was dead right in what he said .... Everton were never contacted directly by City about Lescott until they made a derisory offer for him , He's doing the best for his club and has done with honesty for 7 years .. and how many Everton games have you watched over the last few seasons ? Of course there are games where we have to defend but there's also been games such as beating Sunderland 7 - 1 , Your pre season games havent exactly been ' edge of the seat ' classics , not that too much should be read into these games but don't expect a start like Sven had for you when a team of new signings and old heads gelled quite quickly . By bringing this attention to yourselves by trying to sign every player going via the media , the minute you put a foot wrong they'll be biting your ass like a hungry doberman .. Can Hughes handle the pressure .... ? nah ! he's already ranting worse than Rafa ... who cares now about his playing career ? he's got a different job now and on a level playing field with any of his peers he'd lose out big time

Joleon will go to city ... I've no doubt about that now ... And for the wages he'll get , who blames him ... I don't , but don't kid yourselves if he says he's " going for the Challenge " , Rubbish ... A fully fit Everton is capable of beating any team in the Premier league , That's a proper challenge ... winning when the odds are against you ... something we've done for the last 7 years

And out of respect .. I promise I won't gloat when we finish above you this coming season ... :) Best of luck boys (and Ladies)

A few issues here:-

Everton were never contacted directly by City about Lescott until they made a derisory offer for him - So, essentially, what you're saying is City didn't contact Everton about the offer until they made the offer? Is that really a problem? What difference would it have made? Are you really telling me that, prior to the initial bid being made Everton had NO IDEA we were interested? And to use the term"derisory offer" is, at best ill informed and, at worst just stupid. £15m for an above average centre half is anything but derisory. Ok, it might not meat your valuation, but it should meet it. Because Everton feel they can fleece City for more doesn't mean the original offer was "derisory".

Your pre season games havent exactly been ' edge of the seat ' classics , not that too much should be read into these games - As you say pre-season means fuck all, so not sure why you felt the need to mention it and then negate your own point (if you can call it that) in the next breath.

don't expect a start like Sven had for you when a team of new signings and old heads gelled quite quickly - We don't expect it, but that doesn't mean it can't/won't happen. Sven's side was far weaker than this one, and contained several players who had no Premiership experience whatsoever. If anything Hughes' side is better prepared for the Premiership than Sven's was.

By bringing this attention to yourselves by trying to sign every player going via the media , the minute you put a foot wrong they'll be biting your ass like a hungry doberman - That is absolutely true, the media are attacking City like a rabid dog for our transfer dealings. Unfortunately the error you made here was stating that WE are the one doing our business via the media, I think you'll find that we didn't tell the media we'd made a bid, that would have been Everton, on their official website, when they rejected the bid. Only after you'd turned this into a media circus (in order to maximise your profit on the Lescott sale, despite club protestations that he "isn'f for sale") then City had no option but to respond.

Can Hughes handle the pressure .... ? nah ! he's already ranting worse than Rafa - So, by that rational, Fergie can't handle the pressure as he called City a "small club with a small mentality". And then there's Moyes who came out ranting about City and how we'd hadn't treated Everton with respect. He's cracking under the pressure I tells ya. Or maybe not.

Joleon will go to city ... I've no doubt about that now ... And for the wages he'll get , who blames him ... I don't , but don't kid yourselves if he says he's " going for the Challenge " - He will indeed be "going for the challenge". He'll also be "going for the money" but to just ignore the greater prospects in terms of future success is naive.

A fully fit Everton is capable of beating any team in the Premier league , That's a proper challenge ... winning when the odds are against you ... something we've done for the last 7 years - A fully fit ANYONE is capable of beating any team in the Premier league. Boro seemed to have a knack for beating United. That's because the standard in the Premiership is fairly high. You have won when the odds are against you, if you consider winning Premiership matches whilst not really being a legitimate challenge to the "Big 4" winning. Your record against those "big 4" is pretty poor, what Everton do is beat those sides they should beat and compete with those sides people would consider their equals. Teams fighting relegation always say it's not the games against Arsenal, Chelsea etc that define their seaons, it's those against the teams around them. The same can be said for Everton, if you beat the dross and compete with Villa, Spurs etc then the lack of competitiveness against the big 4 doesn't really matter. It DOES matter if your aims are to break into the big 4 with regularity, but that isn't Everton's aim, and it isn't feasible given your financial constraints.

I promise I won't gloat when we finish above you this coming season - There's every possibility that Everton will finish above City this season, but there's also every possibility that City will compete with the big 4, we have the team (with a couple of defensive additions, which we WILL get, whoever they may end up being). However I'd be surprised if you finished above us in the 2010/2011 season and beyond. I'd be as surprised at that as I would be at Everton finishing above any of the current Big 4.

Good post fella

nmc said:
Part of the reason that Moyes will fight tooth and nail for Lescott is because he is fully aware of just how drastically his loss will weaken Everton, that is a good enough reason alone to give this one a little more time now Joleon is coming good and starting to rock the boat as he said he would. Weve waited a very long time, a few more days will pay rewards IMO.

Moyes knows the he has lost Lescott but he is being a twat and hanging him out to dry as a warning to other Everton players. Moyes knows that we could be back in January or next summer - for other Everton players and Moyes wants to make it clear it won't be easy to engineer a move out of Goodison. You can't blame him even if he gets £25m for Lescott he will get taken to the cleaners by other clubs and agents who will take advantage when they know he has money.

Everton's financial affairs are a bit odd and complex. Their primary bankers are annoyed that they have gone off and borrowed money elsewhere - I think in Scotland - and so whilst there financial position is not good it is the relationship with their bankers that is stretched rather than their financial position itself.

I think you'll find that their primary bankers would be overjoyed if Everton sourced funding from elsewhere, as no more will be forthcoming from them. Primary bankers are Scottish by the way.

Bored with this now. Have a go for Alex.

Leave Everton weaker with an unhappy key player in their midst, Senderos to idolise lol, and little to no money to spend anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.