Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to blow the bin dippers out of the water; £30 million straight cash and £120k a week on the table for Lescott.
No way that rent boy Kenright or the player will be able to turn those sort of numbers down.

Lets face it at 26 and a sweet left foot Lescott was always the better long term option anyway.

alera said:
Time to blow the bin dippers out of the water; £30 million straight cash and £120k a week on the table for Lescott.
No way that rent boy Kenright or the player will be able to turn those sort of numbers down.

Lets face it at 26 and a sweet left foot Lescott was always the better long term option anyway.

agree totally.....toure too please.........

alera said:

No way. Would love Lescott here but 30million is far far too much even with the city inflated price added on. Hes a very solid centre half but hes not a world class centre half and when you consider this would put him up there with ferdinand as britains most expensive defender its not right. Theres no way we should be going much above 20million.

Needs must there is a city premium on everything. Not an option letting nEdum go we need him for cover.

Terry was never worth £40 million or £1 million a month in wages at 29 with a fucked back.

Sellers market we just need to get on with it.

To me Lescott is now worth £30 million for city we need a quality left footed centre half. He is english and fits the bill.

In any event now Terry has stopped pissing everyone around I expect this to get done regardless of monetary cost now.

Matt.D said:
alera said:

No way. Would love Lescott here but 30million is far far too much even with the city inflated price added on. Hes a very solid centre half but hes not a world class centre half and when you consider this would put him up there with ferdinand as britains most expensive defender its not right. Theres no way we should be going much above 20million.

I agree mate, paying that much for Lescott would be silly. He's not worthy of being the most expensive defender (not that anyone really is) Ferdinand is a world class defender, Lescott isn't. I know Hughes is going for proven premier league performers but I think we might have to gamble on a signing from abroad for the CB position. Personally I think Lescott is sluggish and doesn't have the composure on the ball to link the defence to the midfield like the very best defenders do. If he didn't score goals I don't think people would rate him as highly as they do, and let's face it with the attacking players we have at the club, it would be very worrying if goals are a problem to come by! Lescott is a good defender but he wouldn't get in a top 4 team, players who would are the type we have been going for and should be going for. Hopefully City will negoitate a good deal if we sign Lescott IE) Jo and cash, but we shouldn't pay a silly amount. If not maybe Hughes can find another Kompany type player who can play there, either way I hope the new additions come quickly.

alera said:
Needs must there is a city premium on everything. Not an option letting nEdum go we need him for cover.

Terry was never worth £40 million or £1 million a month in wages at 29 with a fucked back.

Sellers market we just need to get on with it.

To me Lescott is now worth £30 million for city we need a quality left footed centre half. He is english and fits the bill.

In any event now Terry has stopped pissing everyone around I expect this to get done regardless of monetary cost now.

fair enough, but to me lescott is still not and will never be worth 30million to city or to anyone. 20million for lescott is the price we should pay for the city add ons, 30million is just taking the piss and every other club in the future would majorly shag us over for prices of players, more than they do now. however, as you suggested in another thread, cheeky bid for carvalho? if we got carvalho and lescott, i think carvalho has the brains and would keep lescott and the backline reasonably steady. also you would have one footballing centre half and one with the no nonsense approach, could be a good shout. dont see us going for him though unfortunately

£30m for Joleon fucking Lescott?

Never heard anything so ridiculous in my entire life.

£15-18m would be pushing it, but palatable.

20 mill tops for Lescott. 15 mill for Toure is good business and personally if we only get him then I'd be happy enough. Both and I will be delighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.