Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darker shade of Blue said:
blueinsa said:
Talk is very very cheap in football mate.

Everyone has a price, including Lescott.

Very very confident that the "rumours" im privvy too tell me that he WILL be playing for City next year.

With respect , if that was the case , you would have gotten Kaka , Eto'o and Terry .

With respect, Kaka didnt stay at Milan like he said he wanted to do for life, Eto'o didnt stay at Barca and we pulled out of that one dont forget.

Remember a certain Mr Fegiscum saying, "i wouldnt sell that lot a virus"....

I suppose that the original "once a blue, always a blue" wasnt for sale either?

All im saying is talk is cheap and the info ive got mate is that Lescott has made it clear the he wants to join us and that the deals are agreed with the player and that Everton want to sign a replacement first.

The statement form your club is exactly what i would expect, they dont want to look like twats with the fans, they will make out they did all they could to kepp him but in the end, this is a good deal for all involved blah, blah fooking blah.

With respect , if that was the case , you would have gotten Kaka , Eto'o and Terry .

No-one ever said we were willing to meet the price.

Thanks

I hope that your season goes well - top 8 will be a great result, top 4 unbeleviable - if you have a 3 year plan then maybe you can challenge, I just hope you arent set up for the fall that all the sky4 plans are hoping for - you can almost hear the headlines "despite all their cash, City" it would be better to be defined by a desire to do something properly rather than buy a title - thats crass and has been done before....

For my money - and as a lover of football, there is only one signing that you guys need

Arsene Wenger...... Even when his teams are poor - I'd pay to watch them. Superb manager and he does things with class.

Glutton4Punishment said:
Gents,
Just wanted to make a couple of points - I'm an evertonian but having followed this theme since page 1 I feel just about as head f%$ked as everyone else.

RE JL
He's a decent CB, still lacking in organisation and sometimes gets caught out - much like Real when they bought Tommy Graveson after watching Lee Carsley - the true hero of Everton's defence last year was Jags, not Lescott. His true market value in a normal year is maybe £8m topps, no better than Cahill or the lad at WHU that I can never remember the name of.
So we should, in normal circumstances sell (esp as our Chairman is a lying, cheating, false knob) - but:
1. With sell on plus loyalty plus the 4m we probably still owe on him its £10m before we even get your cash. Then we need to replace a CB for £8m plus add ons and sign on that is the same in capability as one we have just sold to you for £18m. Doesnt make sense does it?
2. He's under contract, Hughes showed with that hapless striker Santa Cruz (I'll justify that by his scoring record) that he is persistant when it comes to players - he'll still be interested come Jan when our first choice CB comes back
3. You guys have now bought yourself into the position to challenge our league position - why help you?

Whether it happens or not - to be fair I could only speculate, my thought is that we shouldnt, but then had we a better board we wouldnt have sold granny shagger, or before him Jeffers, Dunne, Ball or anyone else Blue Bill could get a couple of quid for.

One final thing - and I really dont want to get into a debate over this, but I've always wondered what would happen to EFC if we were bought by a Sheik - you guys, despite a significant difference in history are one of the most natural comparitors. Some of the comments I have read - albeit as a vistor - have been hugely balanced and show true knowledge of the game, others seem to have got into Chelsea mentality.

Its easy to say as an outsider but dont forget your roots lads - enjoy the cash and the potential, but FFS dont turn into Chelsea. When I worked in Manc, my mates were blues, they had humility and a real streak of humour - unlike their red counterparts. If you become what you have hated for years - you'll never get your spirit back.....

Polite post , but I'm interested as to where you get your figures from though m8 .

blueinsa said:

With respect, Kaka didnt stay at Milan like he said he wanted to do for life, Eto'o didnt stay at Barca and we pulled out of that one dont forget.

All im saying is talk is cheap and the info ive got mate is that Lescott has made it clear the he wants to join us and that the deals are agreed with the player and that Everton want to sign a replacement first.

The statement form your club is exactly what i would expect, they dont want to look like twats with the fans, they will make out they did all they could to kepp him but in the end, this is a good deal for all involved blah, blah fooking blah.

Who told you Lescott wants to leave ?
Joleon ?

m27 said:
Glutton4Punishment said:
Gents,
Just wanted to make a couple of points - I'm an evertonian but having followed this theme since page 1 I feel just about as head f%$ked as everyone else.

RE JL
He's a decent CB, still lacking in organisation and sometimes gets caught out - much like Real when they bought Tommy Graveson after watching Lee Carsley - the true hero of Everton's defence last year was Jags, not Lescott. His true market value in a normal year is maybe £8m topps, no better than Cahill or the lad at WHU that I can never remember the name of.
So we should, in normal circumstances sell (esp as our Chairman is a lying, cheating, false knob) - but:
1. With sell on plus loyalty plus the 4m we probably still owe on him its £10m before we even get your cash. Then we need to replace a CB for £8m plus add ons and sign on that is the same in capability as one we have just sold to you for £18m. Doesnt make sense does it?
2. He's under contract, Hughes showed with that hapless striker Santa Cruz (I'll justify that by his scoring record) that he is persistant when it comes to players - he'll still be interested come Jan when our first choice CB comes back
3. You guys have now bought yourself into the position to challenge our league position - why help you?

Whether it happens or not - to be fair I could only speculate, my thought is that we shouldnt, but then had we a better board we wouldnt have sold granny shagger, or before him Jeffers, Dunne, Ball or anyone else Blue Bill could get a couple of quid for.

One final thing - and I really dont want to get into a debate over this, but I've always wondered what would happen to EFC if we were bought by a Sheik - you guys, despite a significant difference in history are one of the most natural comparitors. Some of the comments I have read - albeit as a vistor - have been hugely balanced and show true knowledge of the game, others seem to have got into Chelsea mentality.

Its easy to say as an outsider but dont forget your roots lads - enjoy the cash and the potential, but FFS dont turn into Chelsea. When I worked in Manc, my mates were blues, they had humility and a real streak of humour - unlike their red counterparts. If you become what you have hated for years - you'll never get your spirit back.....

Wonderful post. Have to be honest though mate, I've been sucked into the Kenwright propoganda (listening to him nearly crying on Talksport in the lead up to the FA Cup final) so put me straight.

Have a look at this - it gives you a sense of things.
The thing to remember about Blue Bill, is that he's an actor. He plays a great role.... He is a total fraud, yes he supports the club, but if you genuinely think its the love that you or I have for football that drives him, you are wrong.
Vanity, arrogance, greed - to name but 3 of the many reasons

blueinsa said:

Who told you Lescott wants to leave ?
Joleon ?

Not personally no, has he told you he doesnt?

Not trying to argue here btw, just pointing out that you are telling us to forget what we have been told because its not true. Thats fine as long as you can back your stance up with solid info and not just the chairmans pr off the OS!

Glutton4Punishment said:
m27 said:
Wonderful post. Have to be honest though mate, I've been sucked into the Kenwright propoganda (listening to him nearly crying on Talksport in the lead up to the FA Cup final) so put me straight.

The thing to remember about Blue Bill, is that he's an actor. He plays a great role.... He is a total fraud, yes he supports the club, but if you genuinely think its the love that you or I have for football that drives him, you are wrong.

Opinions differ from fan to fan bud .
In a frustrating transfer window , the Kenwright out chants always augment , but it isn't a majority opinion as far as I'm aware .

Glutton4Punishment said:
m27 said:

...and thinking back to that interview on Talksport, that all makes perfect sense. "I'm filling up just thinking about it etc etc etc" "I'm thinking back to my days in the childrens home etc etc etc" He's a good actor, but I can't believe I fell for it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.