Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Jag's he's not better than Lescott. Good player, but maybe more like a one season wonder I wouldnt get too excited yet. Who get's picked for England again... thought so.

It's just like Saying Stephen Ireland is Better than Robinho or Lampard because he had a better than them 2.

Darker shade of Blue said:
Glutton4Punishment said:
Sorry for the volume, dont know how to cut these down.
You know our debt - £5m of it will still be tied in with the purchases which were made on credit therefore we owe c£4m with interest etc on that primary deal. Wolves have a 25% sell on fee - at c£20m (£5m). The player will have at least 10% sell on clause *(loyalty) £2m. So if you clear the debt associated with the deal - at £20m we'd clear £8m - in which case why weaken your team?
I dont want us to sell, but if we do, I dont think its that critical - he's good but not critical - remember he was LB for the majority of the season before last - Baines is better in that position.

Apologies to City fans, I know that this isnt an EFC board....

Wolves have a 25% sell on fee ?
What makes you think that m8 ? Their fee has apparantly been reported as 15% above initial transfer sum , which if you take £5 million as initial , a £20 mill offer from City would net them 15% of £15 million giving them £2.25 mill less tax . If it's 25% , that would be abnormally high , but both figures are not officially underlined anyway .

All these facts and figures are speculation , untill the contract between both clubs ( Wolves and Everton ) and player and club ( Lescott and Everton ) are made public , which won't happen , as the deal will remain undisclosed more likely than not .

I do agree with your sentiment as to ' why ' sell him though .

I can see the footballing reasons as to why you guys dont want to sell.

However the money will be of interest to both the chairman and Moyes. £20+m is a hell of a lot of money for a footballer, one that could break both legs next week and never play again!

Certain debts and funding for new signings makes this deal of interest to Everton, make no mistake.

Ive not forgot that before we was very lucky to get taken over, a club offering us a similar amount for a player would have been impossible to turn down. All that is happening now is that you guys are taking as much as you can and why not...

He is an Everton player and if we want him we will have to pay a certain amount, i have no problem with that.

Shooter 83 said:
Regarding Jag's he's not better than Lescott. Good player, but maybe more like a one season wonder I wouldnt get too excited yet. Who get's picked for England again... thought so.

It's just like Saying Stephen Ireland is Better than Robinho or Lampard because he had a better than them 2.

Erm...who gets selected for England....before his injury...it was Jags.

On last season, Jags was by far a better player. Start of the season Lescot was soooo poor, and I mean really really shit.

They both are fantastic players and complement each other, I dont think either player would be as good, without the other.

BringBackSwales said:
anyone know of a good MANCHESTER CITY forum with threads about MANCHESTER CITY?

Well why look in a thread about an EVERTON player ????

BringBackSwales said:

We have had this debate 10 pages back or so.... Point was made that the type of post you just made is just as bad (along with this one but... I dont give a fuck tbh so) If people dont like what they read then log dont go in the thread. Any updates are on the "update" thread so no one can use the argument "I'm after an update and all there is... etc etc". This just winds me up more than the odd post straying away from topic.
*Steps off soap box* ;-)

not my fault! said:
BringBackSwales said:

We have had this debate 10 pages back or so.... Point was made that the type of post you just made is just as bad (along with this one but... I dont give a fuck tbh so) If people dont like what they read then log dont go in the thread. Any updates are on the "update" thread so no one can use the argument "I'm after an update and all there is... etc etc". This just winds me up more than the odd post straying away from topic.
*Steps off soap box* ;-)

{Image removed}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.