Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thaksinssoldier said:
I'd pay 10 million for Leighton Baines.To be honest I think he makes Lescott look better than he is,and if leighton didnt play for such a dull team and look like he belonged at Wigan he'd be level with Bridge for the back up role to Cashley in the England squad.

Good one. I'd pay 15 million for Phil Neville. He makes virtually anyone look better than they are.

hgblue said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
I'd pay 10 million for Leighton Baines.To be honest I think he makes Lescott look better than he is,and if leighton didnt play for such a dull team and look like he belonged at Wigan he'd be level with Bridge for the back up role to Cashley in the England squad.

Good one. I'd pay 15 million for Phil Neville. He makes virtually anyone look better than they are.

Thats coz he's an ugly git

If you want to see why some Everton fans are beyond a joke and spout infantile bile then read this. I was going to leave a comment but I just couldn't get myself to give this tube the time of day

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.evertonbanter.co.uk/2009/08/moyes-doctrine-manchester-city.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.evertonbanter.co.uk/2009/08/ ... -city.html</a>

Thaksinssoldier said:
Why don't we give everton the 30m they were looking for then? But take Baines as part of the deal lol! Baines is good, however IMO not a patch on Bridge! Don't know if anyone has noticed how much more composed and settled Bridge looks with Barry playing in the team?! Also, IMO Bridge is excellent going forward, links up well with Robbie and has an excellent delivery! I think that last season, WB took a lot of unnessaccary stick off some people(yes I agree he needs to stick the foot in a bit more and prevent the pass). In the modern game your full-backs are encouraged to be attack minded some of the time and thats where your top class centre backs and DM's come into things providing cover

jeffjohnstone said:
hgblue said:

Thats coz he's an ugly git

So therefore United should buy him back to make Fletcher, Ferdinand and Vidic look better? Phew, lucky we've got Rocky, the new poster boy of the premiership (according to my Mrs!!) Apparently she might come to a match now when we're back but only if he's playing.

Now can we get back on topic

Re: Everton fans think the media is biased IN OUR FAVOUR!

attachment.php

Our didums!

exiled in munich said:
If you want to see why some Everton fans are beyond a joke and spout infantile bile then read this. I was going to leave a comment but I just couldn't get myself to give this tube the time of day

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.evertonbanter.co.uk/2009/08/moyes-doctrine-manchester-city.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.evertonbanter.co.uk/2009/08/ ... -city.html</a>
Well. I never realised Goebbels was an evertonian!

Bilboblue said:
dontshootme said:
Unlike 5 years ago, £3m players wouldn't get near our first team.

Oh really?
Hibbert
Baines
Neville
Osman

you cannot HONESTLY tell me you think ANY of those are worth more than £3m?????

Can, actually. You obviously believe the standard media line that Everton achieve consecutive top 6 finishes with terrible players through a combination of trying really really hard and voodoo magic. Osman and Neville,in particular, are players who get moved to different positions every week and who never let the team down. There is a lot to be said for players who are positionally aware, intelligent and can cover a number of positions to a very good standard.

They might not be Gerrard or Lampard, but by saying they aren't worth £3m you are saying they aren't as good as Sam Ricketts, Ched Evens or Habib Beye, because that is what £3m gets you these days.

From the fact you've added Baines in there makes it pretty obvious you haven't seen Everton often, as he was probably our most consistant player last season.

Hibbert's terrible mind.

Blue Mooner said:
Which kind of leaves your Delph example up sh*t creek without a paddle

Why? I think Everton will sell Lescott if they get enough money,just like Villa would sell Barry. City just haven't offered enough yet for Moyes to accept. You're trying to make out that the Lescott transfer is unique in football history, that young players will avoid going to a club because they are scared they will get trapped there - there's no suggestion or evidence that such a thing has happened to any other club. This transfer isn't special, it's just like the many, many others that went before it, and it's lasting effects on City and Everton will be no more than one player has Lescott and the other doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.