Lescott + more

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
The majority of clubs in the Premiership are not awash with cash. City are awash with cash and can pay all of a transfer fee up front which puts us in a good position. City might have to pay a little over the odds for players but that is par for the course. I could see Everton accepting a bid of £15-18m for Lescott and then it would be Lescott's decision.

Yeah I could see it for £18m, maybe with Jo on loan thrown in. To be honest though we have The Yak back for next season so the whole Jo thing isn't a massive bargaining tool and would only maybe account for £1m of the overall transfer fee.

It would be interesting to see whether City would be prepared to pay that much for a player who missed a whole season not too long ago due to serious knee problems (apparently after being knee capped by gangsters) though. I know we paid a certain amount up front with a load of add-ons (although thats not unusual for us in a normal transfer tbh).

ToffeeAndy said:
Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
The majority of clubs in the Premiership are not awash with cash. City are awash with cash and can pay all of a transfer fee up front which puts us in a good position. City might have to pay a little over the odds for players but that is par for the course. I could see Everton accepting a bid of £15-18m for Lescott and then it would be Lescott's decision.

Yeah I could see it for £18m, maybe with Jo on loan thrown in. To be honest though we have The Yak back for next season so the whole Jo thing isn't a massive bargaining tool and would only maybe account for £1m of the overall transfer fee.

It would be interesting to see whether City would be prepared to pay that much for a player who missed a whole season not too long ago due to serious knee problems (apparently after being knee capped by gangsters) though. I know we paid a certain amount up front with a load of add-ons (although thats not unusual for us in a normal transfer tbh).

Andy m8 , take a look at how many games Lescott played on the trot for Everton lol .
129 consecutive appearances , stopped only by Moyes deciding not to play him . Only 5 games from a record breaking run . Not exactly a risky knee problem .

Andy m8 , take a look at how many games Lescott played on the trot for Everton lol .
129 consecutive appearances , stopped only by Moyes deciding not to play him . Only 5 games from a record breaking run . Not exactly a risky knee problem .

Oh yeah i'm not saying that there's a risk of him breaking down again, just purely looking at whether City would be prepared to bid as high as what would be needed when he's had to practically have his knee rebuilt a while ago.

My concern would be them offering say £18m, we accept it, they agree terms with him, then suddenly they say "oh well actually where only willing to pay £10m because of his past injury". Maybe i'm just being paranoid because thats what we usually do lol!

ToffeeAndy said:

Oh yeah i'm not saying that there's a risk of him breaking down again, just purely looking at whether City would be prepared to bid as high as what would be needed when he's had to practically have his knee rebuilt a while ago.

My concern would be them offering say £18m, we accept it, they agree terms with him, then suddenly they say "oh well actually where only willing to pay £10m because of his past injury". Maybe i'm just being paranoid because thats what we usually do lol!

Lol .
I don't think he will leave to be honest .
If he wanted to , Everton could simply say they want £25 mill or no deal .
Are City really going to hum and har over a few mill if they really want him ? I doubt he would be sold for much less , regardless of our honest valuations . Kaka wasn't worth what City offered . Ronaldo isn't worth what Madrid offered etc etc .
City have money . No way will they pay true value for a player .

i,d say lescott is our number 1 defensive target so if we are offerded him for 20 mil he,ll be signed the only thing i will say everton have said he,s not for sale and lescott has said it,s all speculation no hints that he wants to move so think he will stay with you and we will move on to our next target upson then toure

uwe rosler 28 said:
i,d say lescott is our number 1 defensive target so if we are offerded him for 20 mil he,ll be signed the only thing i will say everton have said he,s not for sale and lescott has said it,s all speculation no hints that he wants to move so think he will stay with you and we will move on to our next target upson then toure

Yeah I can't see City paying £20m+ for Lescott as it would just send out the wrong signals to any team they were trying to buy a player from... i.e. a selling club could say "well you paid £20m for a player who's not 1st choice for his country, our player is so we want £50m" etc etc.

Also I can't really see us selling him for less so your right that Upson is probably a cheaper and more realistic target.

The thing for us is that Lescott is 2 players as he's our 1st choice CB and also our 2nd choice LB so his value to us is certainly in the region of £20m if not more.

Still think £18m might be just enought o force our hand tho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.