Lescott to Spurs?

The_kippax said:
It the midfield thats the problem, Yaya, Barry and De Jong, all wanna play all defensive...

that's not the problem at all considering yaya and barry tried to move up the pitch more but were pegged back by the way spurs played first half.

It amazes me someone from the club doesnt publicly come out and say we will not be selling any players to spurs no matter how many times Mr Redknapp says he would like them.

-- Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:44 am --

Lancet Fluke said:
PSmyth07 said:
Lescott will get back into the team, natural centre-back and can play left-back.

Don't see why we cannot play with 3 centre-backs,

-----Toure--Kompany--Lescott
Boateng-------------------Kolarov

Saying that though, most teams will be playing 4-5-1 and we don't need 3 defenders marking 1 striker. Tricky but I think it will give us more balance all together with Kolarov and Boateng as wing backs because it gives Silva and A.Johnson the freedom in around the box.

I quite like the wing-back system but does anyone use it anymore? Has Mancini ever used it in the past? I can't see it happening myself. I always thought Shauny made a good wing-back.
--------------------hart----------------------
--------boateng---kompany---k.toure---------
--SWP---------------------------------kolarov
--------------y.toure---milner-----------------
---a.johnson----------------------silva--------
--------------------tevez---------------------

SUBS: given, zabaleta, lescott, de jong, robinho, adebayor, balotelli

and you could change that team around loads without making a sub.

kompany or boateng could go into midfield
milner could go on the wing or left back
SWP could go as a winger, as could kolarov
silva and AJ could swap or go in the middle
yaya can play CB
kolo can play RB

C_T_I_D said:
Non-starter. If we won't sell them Bellamy, we won't sell them Lescott.
City need Lescott so I can't see us letting him go

We didn't sell Bellamy to Spurs, everton or any other Premiership club because they wanted him on loan, and we weren't going to loan our rivals a player. However it might have been different had it been a cash offer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.