Lescott to Spurs?

Lescott wont get a sniff this season unless there are major injuries

He looks very uncomfortable with the ball at his feet that I'm pretty sure Mancini has made up his mind already. Decent defender, but top four defenders need to be footballers as well as defenders.

He also seems to have been spending too much time in the gym, as in the pre-season games looks incredibly top heavy in not very mobile.

Hes a left footed centre half, they are not easy to find. Boatang has been signed as a full back, Richards is rubbish at full back and centre half these days, we have loaned Nedum out. So we have Kolo, Kompany, Boyata and Lescott in that position.

Lescott will get plenty of games if only in the cups. He can also play left back and he will probably end up covering there if Koralov is out for a few games.

As we have already found out with the injury to Koralov and Bridge, even with 2 decent players in every position you can very quickly end up with a problem in the prem even with a very good squad. No chance he will be let go especially to Spurs.

Look at the Bellamy deal if people think we are going to let decent players we paid a fortune for go to competeting sides they really are deluded.

Lescott is just like a diesel engine, give him time and he'll come good as he has more games under his belt.

with Kolarov being injured Lescott should get a run at LB where he did all his damage for Everton

schumey04 said:
with Kolarov being injured Lescott should get a run at LB where he did all his damage for Everton

This ^^^^

I definitely do not see us shipping off any defenders in light of the injuries to Kolarov and Boateng, even though the latter could return for Monday's game. However, if both of the aforementioned bounce back from injury, and Lescott does not fill in admirably in their absence, I could see Lescott getting shipped out during the January window. But even then, I doubt it will be to a top-half-of-the-table sort of team.

Is it me or do you get the impression that we won't sell any of the players not in the 25 man squad but simply loan them out to non competitors.

Big Phil - loan to West Ham
RSC - Loan to West Ham
Bellamy - loan to Cardiff

This enables us to keep them under control because we will still pay wages so no backlash and if we have problems in future we can always get them back or if they become better players having played on loan they could be included next year as was the case with Hart. It also allows us to circumvent the 25 man squad rule. In two years time however when the financial rules come in we will have to make decisions but until then I believe this is the policy we seem to be following.

Lescott is going nowhere. He's not a bad defender, however not sure how happy he'll be on the bench. His expectations need to be managed, and I'm sure he'll be a good player for years to come, but not as part of our starting 11.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.