Lescott today...

With Kolo going away to African cup it is now a dead cert Bobby will be signing a new Centre back and possibly a left back if we can ship Bridge out in january i reckon. We can't keep hoping to outscore the opposition to cover for defensive errors.

allblackcitizen said:
BlueJill said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
The own goal V Liverpool could have happened to anyone.

Rubbish.

Of course it could. It was unlucky (same with Dempsey's OG at the w/e). He was trying to do his job and block the shot. OK it was going wide, but he wasn't necessarily to know that and also, if you look at a replay, Kuyt was running in behind him and if he lets it go there's a chance that Kuyt unsights Hart or diverts the shot in himself.

Same last night. He's putting his body in the way to block the shot and is desperately trying to get his arms out of the way when the ball hits his trailing arm. It was a pen, but desperately unlucky all the same.

Generally he's been excellent all season and I'm still pretty happy with the VK/JL centre back partnership. They compliment each other well, and if either needs to up his game at the moment it's VK.

Agree totally. Who deflected the Danny Murphy shot in the 2-2 at Fulham? Hang him out to dry!!!!!

kalouk said:
I don't agree with this he isn't good enough at this level argument, he was our best defender at the beginning of the season and in my opinion has cleared up quite a few mistakes by Kompany. What level are we talking about, he didn't play in our game against Bayern and that didn't go well and for me he was missed. I think we are in danger of always thinking there is bigger and better out there and not appreciating what we have and what they do for us. If we look back at threads from last season people underestimated Barry, Milner, and Lescott they have all upped their game and been great this season. Mario was written off as a liability, he is a different player, he kept calm yesterday even when things were not going his way. I wish that Dzeko thread would just fall away and die as it is awful the way one of our players is talked about in there. They are all good enough, they got us to Dec 12th without a loss, 10 points in a very hard CL group and still in the running for cups I wouldn't change any of them and hope they keep doing us proud. The results this season surely show they aren't doing much wrong. We are a team and and each one plays their part.
give this man a cigar!
Great post

Not posted since the game...Not had chance but I found myself surprisingly calm and not overly bothered by losing last night. Of course I wanted to win and if Twattenberg had been on the ball we potentially could have been 2 up before the game changed.

Re Lescott.He is a good,solid premier league defender....Is he world class? In my honest opinion no,however is he good enough to keep his place..At the moment yes.

I do believe JL is not to blame for last night,we should have wrapped the game up within 20 mins however I think VK and JL certainly need to improve.

I hope we sign a world class centre half in January.

Still...we move on..no knee jerk reaction from me. 2 pts clear,great goal difference,4 out of 5 so called top teams played away from home with a return of 2 wins,1 draw and a loss.

I would have been more concerned had we lost to a Wolves or a Wigan last night.

We lost to a team albeit not as good as they were , still a team who have won the premiership. Look how there fans celebrated,how the media have been wanking them selves silly all day.

I am really confident about Sunday and looking at the games coming now we have a great chance of progressing further.

Impeccable said:
allblackcitizen said:
BlueJill said:

Of course it could. It was unlucky (same with Dempsey's OG at the w/e). He was trying to do his job and block the shot. OK it was going wide, but he wasn't necessarily to know that and also, if you look at a replay, Kuyt was running in behind him and if he lets it go there's a chance that Kuyt unsights Hart or diverts the shot in himself.

Same last night. He's putting his body in the way to block the shot and is desperately trying to get his arms out of the way when the ball hits his trailing arm. It was a pen, but desperately unlucky all the same.

Generally he's been excellent all season and I'm still pretty happy with the VK/JL centre back partnership. They compliment each other well, and if either needs to up his game at the moment it's VK.

Agree totally. Who deflected the Danny Murphy shot in the 2-2 at Fulham? Hang him out to dry!!!!!

To be honest I blame joe hart more for the Liverpool goal than lescott. Lescott had kyut running behind him from his blind side he couldn't know if kyut was going to make the ball so tried to clear it. Hart had the perfect view of where the shot was going could see that kyut wasn't going to make it and still moved right over to his post early. If he had stayed his ground or waited he still would have got the deflection. Don't particularly blame either as it's just one of those things for me and I'm sure we'll get a few like the opener with Everton but to just lay the blame on lescott is wrong to me

TheMidnightBlue said:
Don't think I'll ever understand why people put discuss in a thread title. What else do you propose we do on a forum, it's a given that we discuss things and you putting discuss in the thread doesn't suddenly make everyone want to add lods of points to the thread.
The word discuss is not in the title. There you go again, trying to be a smartass.

It was certainly unlucky but I do not blame him. Lescott has been fantastic for us this season and I have a lot of faith in him. Playing with 10 men against 12 against the third best team in the country is what cost us.

not read the whole thread but for me jl has really improved this season but why do i still feel nervous when joe rolls the ball to him?

I thought he looked far to hesitant when he had the ball at the back and chelsea sensed it aswell.

Also thought kompanys long balls to balo were strange but hey it was one game.normal service will resume.

Our best defender this season & again last night.

Did nobody notice Vinny getting skinned alive several times & almost getting sent off even before Clichy ? That's ok is it ? Someone leathering the ball against your arm is a sackable offence though ? Or perhaps it was Vinny's Beckenbauer style passes to their keeper that Lescott needs to do more often ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.