Lescott today...

Impeccable said:
lee-mcfc said:
Impeccable said:
Not sure what you mean about him giving the ball away.
Watch him closely when a player is coming towards him he hoofs it forwards, he hardly ever plays a simple pass forwards. He hoofs it or a sidewards pass
he is dodgy when he has the ball he treats it like a time bomb

Watch him closely? Seems like a witch hunt here at times. Let's watch EVERY player closely and pick flaws in their game. Seems fairer to me. 11 perfect players and we'd never drop a point... EVER.

-- Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:00 pm --

city diehard said:
I personally think lescott has cost us valuable points both against Liverpool and Chelsea, I'm sorry, but it's elementary defending, not to wave your hands up in the air anywhere on the pitch particulalrly in the box. He simply just isn't good enough and I think this was shown by Mancini taking him off abliet for an attacking player but he must be royally pissed off because of him at anfield and stamford bridge. I do admire Lescott the person but he just isn't good enough for this level, we need a world class defender due to us now having other world class players (your only as strong as your weakest link). *Not annoyed we lost, just the way we lost and I think that was primarily due to him.

Do you not think, at 1-0 up, David Silva should have shot when given the clear chance to? Yes David Silva - our world class maestro. This, in my opinion, cost us the points last night.

Maybe, he got taken out by one of there players; which should have been a penalty.

Also to pick up on this point that "old saint Vinny wouldn't get this stick" etc. Ok that's fair enough but it doesn't justify Lescott not being good enough and we all know that Vinny is far better player than lescott, there's no justification for denying that.

He (Silva) should have hit it before trying to get round Bosingwa.

Lescott is decent 99% of the time but the 1% always seems to cost us, like Dunne.

FWIW Kompany has been gash this season, we could do with a quality CB in Jan to provide serious competition for places.

st. blue said:

Lescott is decent 99% of the time but the 1% always seems to cost us, like Dunne.

FWIW Kompany has been gash this season, we could do with a quality CB in Jan to provide serious competition for places.

That's a very fair point, but if this is Vinny plaiyng "gash" he's above average and as we saw last season when on form he is world class, unlike Lescott, who is playing "well" this season has cost us two games, worlds part in ability the two of them imo.

city diehard said:
st. blue said:

That's a very fair point, but if this is Vinny plaiyng "gash" he's above average and as we saw last season when on form he is world class, unlike Lescott, who is playing "well" this season has cost us two games, worlds part in ability the two of them imo.

Definately mate, Im a massive fan of Kompany he's got it all for the modern day CB. This season he has been poor compared to last season, as they say form is temporary class is permanent.

Don't think I'll ever understand why people put discuss in a thread title. What else do you propose we do on a forum, it's a given that we discuss things and you putting discuss in the thread doesn't suddenly make everyone want to add lods of points to the thread.

What's he ment to do pin his arms behind his back? he was unlucky the fact that 75% of the time that kind of thing happens there not given, he's been better than Komps this season imho

Lescotts been excellent for us this season wasn't him last night lumpin it aimlessly forward wasn't him got his self sent off wasn't him lost control of midfield either but it was him attempting to block a shot through a crowd of players that struck him on the arm so a few on here who don't rate him are straight on spouting rubbish, its almost unbelievable it really is.Get a grip we win as a team and lose as a team its what footballs about,but i tell yer all, this team will win a lot more than it loses and come May we will finish top and with Lescott in the side.

IMO the own goal and handball were unlucky and could equally have happened to VK, Richards or another defender. Lescott is much improved and he gives his all. He's great in the air and against the likes of Stoke he would be a great battler.

Personally I feel frustrated at the lack of close control and constructive passing as we are increasingly look to build moves from the back to avoid the long ball.

Richards has improved dramatically in his close control under Mancini and perhaps Lescott can too?

Had another look at Chelsea's penalty and it definitely was a pen. Our standards are now so high that both Centre Backs are taking stick for what in all truth was an excellent defensive performance. Lescott needs to learn to keep his arms down but, other than both goals, Chelsea hardly had a shot on goal. We deserved a draw but got beat. The last thing we need is an overreaction. Finding players better than the one's we already have would be extremely difficult.

BlueJill said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
The own goal V Liverpool could have happened to anyone.

Rubbish.

Of course it could. It was unlucky (same with Dempsey's OG at the w/e). He was trying to do his job and block the shot. OK it was going wide, but he wasn't necessarily to know that and also, if you look at a replay, Kuyt was running in behind him and if he lets it go there's a chance that Kuyt unsights Hart or diverts the shot in himself.

Same last night. He's putting his body in the way to block the shot and is desperately trying to get his arms out of the way when the ball hits his trailing arm. It was a pen, but desperately unlucky all the same.

Generally he's been excellent all season and I'm still pretty happy with the VK/JL centre back partnership. They compliment each other well, and if either needs to up his game at the moment it's VK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.