lescott, toure, kompany

Lescott is comfortably our best defender. Some people still seem quick to criticise him for some reason.. maybe because injuries broke up his season. The media also mark him as a 'flop' and say he had a 'disappointing season' because they have absolutely no idea whatsoever.

I like Joleon Lescott, and i like Vincent Kompany. But who is better? There's only one way to find out...

Fulop's Reflex said:
mcfcjosh said:
A lot of people seem to consider kompany our best cb. IMO lescott is easy our best, he wasn't great at first but he improved so much and was starting to justify why we chased him for so long before he got injured, he's such a cool defender that always stays on his feet. Then i also think toure is better than kompany, I like kompany, although i think he's overrated by many, and didn't like toure earlier in the season but towards the end of the season I thought he started to play really well so I think toure and lescott is our best partnership with kompany as very good back up. What does everyone else think?

He can't even get ahead of Matthew Upson, unless you are saying that Upson is better than Kompamy and Toure.

Lescott was injured but even so, going on your theory, SWP is better than AJ, which I think is debatable to say the least. Would be great if we could give Lescott and VK a decent run together. Looked promising and likely to get better. I half assume though that Kolo Toure will be first choice though.

Lescott is bound to be criticized when he comes in to a team and is injured for most of the time.. Toure doesn't know why or what he is meant to do. Lets hope the issue isn't genetic...

I really think Kompany belongs in Midfield but again we have too many players for the CDM/CM role, and thats not even taking old Ireland and Johnson into consideration both who could be playing next year.

Got to admit i was a bit disappointed with Lescott at the start of last season, but he really came into his own as the season progressed! It's a shame he got injured when he did as he was on a good run and would have undoubtedly made the W/C squad. I reckon next season, fitness permitting he can be really important for us at the back, and with much improved delivery from set pieces, he should grab a few goals too!!!

Ive said it a thousand times, and Ill say it again, Lescott is fuckin top class. Fully fit and a big pre season under his belt he will comfortably be among the best CB's in the league.

Yes Lescott had a shakey start for City - there was a lot said about his transfer and it prob wasn't done in the best way... he also didn't have a preseason with us and came straight into the side and I think the back four struggled to form a relationship together...
To suggest Upson was ahead of him in the team is a void argument as Lescott was injured!

Kompany, I like his style, even though he does seem a bit casual at times... He's also prone to atleast one dodgy sliced clearance per game which worries me a little... He did well at CB for us last season and obviously he provides a great aerial defence.
I don't think he's an amazing CM, I remember silly free kicks and passing the ball to the opposition a fair bit... maybe some rememebr him fondly there because we had just had Gelson in that position! :D

Kolo... well he seemed rash and panicked a lot - almost like a headless chicken... but he started to play well in the end... he didn't have the best of world cups but was up against two good teams in the group of death...

It's a nice problem to have really!

lesser is ok when fit but I don't think that will ever be very often. Komps is my peon (whatever that means) and toure or Pitts the elder as he shall hence forth be known is bloody useless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.