lescott, toure, kompany

hehe!

Sounds like a firm of solicitors!

Lescott ........ was showing signs of good form when getting injured , could well be a star next season when fully fit.

Kompany ....... no mug , but would be more effective alongside a commanding centre-half , reads the game well for the main part.

Toure ....... does his best but doesn't really inspire condence , found 'wanting' for a few goals last season , and is hardly likely to change ...... but there HAD to be a reason why he was in and out of the Arsenal side , with others often preferred to him.

mcfcjosh said:
A lot of people seem to consider kompany our best cb. IMO lescott is easy our best, he wasn't great at first but he improved so much and was starting to justify why we chased him for so long before he got injured, he's such a cool defender that always stays on his feet. Then i also think toure is better than kompany, I like kompany, although i think he's overrated by many, and didn't like toure earlier in the season but towards the end of the season I thought he started to play really well so I think toure and lescott is our best partnership with kompany as very good back up. What does everyone else think?

Lescott is our best centre back. Kompany is a very good and versatile player and played very well last season at CB and very well in midfield the season before.

I think they will be a very good pairing. Possibly a trophy winning pairing!

Kolo has been captain, but i don't rate him as highly (was very poor at times last season - positionally on the wrong side a lot, always outjumped, easily shrugged off the ball) as the other 2, or even Boateng for that matter.

Lescott and Kompany are undoubtedly our most talented cb's but I don't think either is a real leader, and that both would work better playing alongside a Lucio or Puyol sort of guy, a born leader.

Toure only gets in for me because the manager sees him as this and although he maybe is 'this' a bit, he is talentless and technically even worse. When Arsenal bought him he had never played a game in defense in his life and for me this shows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.