Lescott

Lescott looking better.
Bridge has almost won me round as I haven't liked him much previously but didn't really put a foot wrong today. :)

Sky Blue said:
sam the drummer said:
Yeah played well. Kompany was decent enough but hes no Toure

I am not one to slag players off but Kompany had a bad game.

Isn't the last clause of your sentence a bit of a slagging?

Lescott: this might be the watershed for his season. On to being as tight as a fishes anus for the rest of the season.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Sky Blue said:
I am not one to slag players off but Kompany had a bad game.

Not at all, it's a comment on his performance today...Do you think he played well ?

Kompany was out of sorts today. Even had a ball kick at his own mate when clearing. A bit clumsy by his standards and is a risk if he plays like that against the better teams.
Santa Cruz first start, so was expected could not gel with his team mates.
Zab and Bridge worked tirelessly but keep pumping long balls into the Brum packed defence.
Bellers tried to run-in a few times but were also stopped short by the Brum packed defence.
SWP tried every through balls to cross but the Brum packed defence were there to stop it.
Tevez tried hard but his shots went over the bar or saved by Taylor.
I think we miss Ade physical presence today.

Sky Blue said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:

Not at all, it's a comment on his performance today...Do you think he played well ?

HE'S BEEN INJURED FOR 5 MONTHS!

I think I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say, having been thrown in at the deep end after 5 months out and kept a clean sheet he didn't do too badly.

Lescott fantastic, Bridge fantastic, Zabs fantastic, Given - there are no words. I totally knew he was saving that penalty!

judleberry said:
Sky Blue said:

I think I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say, having been thrown in at the deep end after 5 months out and kept a clean sheet he didn't do too badly.

Lescott fantastic, Bridge fantastic, Zabs fantastic, Given - there are no words. I totally knew he was saving that penalty!

Stop going over the top....I like Kompany but he was out of sorts today, him being rusty I accept. I am not going to say he had a good game when he clearly didn't.

Oh, and you are easily pleased if you think Zabaleta was "fantastic". Bridge and Given were good though.

Sky Blue said:
judleberry said:

Stop going over the top....I like Kompany but he was out of sorts today, him being rusty I accept. I am not going to say he had a good game when he clearly didn't.

Oh, and you are easily pleased if you think Zabaleta was "fantastic". Bridge and Given were good though.

For fuck sake I'm not the one going over the top, all I'm saying is that Kompany did well considering, and that we kept a clean sheet away from home for the first time in about 8 games which is hardly poor, against a team that has been galvanised by new and relatively rich owners and coming off the back of a win. Its hardly the end of the world.

The back four played well and i think it's safe to say that Given was more than "good".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.