Lescott

He looked slightly rusty though understandable given he has been out for six week but he soon got into his stride. He is class in my opinion and should be the first defender on the team sheet. Toure really struggles in the air as was evidenced on a number of occasions tonight. I'd much prefer Kompany alongside Lescott.

jefr said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Delighted he's back - he must start with Kompany for me.

Richards........Kompany.....Lescott........Bridge

Now that's a back four we can build a team on, for me

^^^^ this for me too ( although pablo did ok tonight too)

yeh, i'd have that back 4 to, i think Zabaleta is a liability and out of position far to much, tonight he was a headless chicken first half.

kenzie115 said:
Completely agree, someone needs to tell Toure he's a right back not a centre back. Good on the ball, quick and loves a slide tackle. Perfect formula for a full back.

----------------------- Given -------------------

Toure ------ Kompany ---- Lescott ------- Barry

--------------- De Jong ---- Ireland -------------
Shauny ------------------------------------- Johnson

--------------- Adebayor --- Tevez --------------

Looks good to me, especially with the likes of Richards, Onuoha, Zabba, Bridge, Vieira (awful game tonight), Bellamy and Santa Cruz providing competition.

Nah Richards or Ned at right back - they are faster than Toure and if Mancini is playing wingbacks then Toure cant get up and down the pitch fast enough - Bridge at left back again he is faster than Barry and Ireland aint going to play infront of Barry or Vierra.

I am dying to see Lescott and Kompany as a defensive partnership, think it could be the answer to our problems

Freestyler said:
jefr said:
^^^^ this for me too ( although pablo did ok tonight too)

yeh, i'd have that back 4 to, i think Zabaleta is a liability and out of position far to much, tonight he was a headless chicken first half.

Too slow and commits too many fouls. He;s worth having around the squad a tough utility player.

It's a clean slate for Lescott - he had a slow start to his City career so hopefully he can grab his chance the second time around.

I too would like to see a Lescott Kompany partnership. Toure looks calamitous at the minute - what was he doing in the first half when he bundled Elmander over? How he got away with that I really don't know. Richards too should return to the team as he and Bridge will give some balance and attacking options from full back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.