Lescott

i kne albert davy said:
RandomJ said:
He has been good for us but he showed today he always has one clanger up his sleeve every match. And if you want to compete at the very top we can't have a defender who is liable to a stupid mistake so regularly.
Show me a defender who don't make a mistake mate neville v goat ring any bells, lescotts had a great end to this season don't you think your being a bit over critical.
The thing that worries me is his positional sense which is pretty serious for a CB. I'm hopeful he continues to improve on that.

12 clean sheets in his run of 18 games. Despite the lack of mobility we're solid with him and have more pressing needs in other positions. I'd be perfectly happy with the same defenders next year. Boateng still to return.

Please just let us stick with Lescott. We can get strength in depth somewhere else rather than piss out 20+million.

I think he's been excellent over the last couple of months. Couple of mistakes, but you're going to get that playing at the back. I certainly wouldn't replace him with Cahill.

i kne albert davy said:
RandomJ said:
He has been good for us but he showed today he always has one clanger up his sleeve every match. And if you want to compete at the very top we can't have a defender who is liable to a stupid mistake so regularly.
Show me a defender who don't make a mistake mate neville v goat ring any bells, lescotts had a great end to this season don't you think your being a bit over critical.

Never mind Neville Vs the Goat - Neville was and is Dog shyte.

How about Felipe Caicedo - Manchester City's on loan 5th or 6th striker skinning FC Barcelona's Pique - allegedly one of the best defenders i the world who plays for the best team in the world.

All defenders make the odd bad mistake and all strikers miss the odd sitter.

The fact of the matter is that as a team we have conceded 33 goals this season. Chelsea are the only team to better that, having only conceded 30.

Sounds like stating the obvious, but a CB's job is 100% to keep this figure as low as possible. Between him and Vincent they've achieved what they set out to achieve, however they've done it, mistakes might get made but it's how you react to them. Lescott has reacted extremely well to his mistakes and he's learning all the time.

This year, we had the second best defensive record in the league. A settled team means less pressure, means less mistakes. Another year of knowing one another and Kompany and Lescott will be formidable. Probably the best CB pairing in the league. It's all about understanding one-another and that will only get better with time.

If you keep the goals out at one end then that's half the job done. We're doing that so why change the personnel?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.