Lesser known / Quirky records City hold

They renamed the sixth round of the FA Cup into the Quarter Finals in 2016/17. City were the first quarter final, beating Middlesbrough 2-0. Silva scoring the first.

City scored 6 goals in the first 6th round FA Cup QF in 1926

The 33 final also gave the English language a new phrase, the match was on the radio and to help the listeners they gave out sheets with squares on.
The commentator( a young Martin Tyler) pinpointed exactly where on the grid the ball was thus back to square one.
Now I might be making all of this up.
I also seem to remember Stan Horne's first 3 games were in 3 different Countries, Scotland, England and Wales. Not very exotic but notable.

Do you still wear the city of Manchester badge on your shirts in cup finals?

The 33 final also gave the English language a new phrase, the match was on the radio and to help the listeners they gave out sheets with squares on.
The commentator( a young Martin Tyler) pinpointed exactly where on the grid the ball was thus back to square one.
Now I might be making all of this up.
I also seem to remember Stan Horne's first 3 games were in 3 different Countries, Scotland, England and Wales. Not very exotic but notable.

A young Tyler...Ha Ha..Bravo mate.

My favourite quirky fact is the sheffield wed v City game 89-90 season was the last top flight game in England not to be filmed due to the camera man getting the time of the game wrong

My favourite quirky fact is the sheffield wed v City game 89-90 season was the last top flight game in England not to be filmed due to the camera man getting the time of the game wrong
If this is the game I'm thinking of it was an early kick off on NYD. No idea how but we watched this from the back of the home Kop. Dire game and defeat iirc so wish I'd missed it too :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.