Let Navas know

Silva_Spell said:
Navas, Silva and Fernandinho were our best performers until everything turned to shit

They had quite good games along with Demi. The seven others plus subs contributed little.

That said Milner had run himself into the ground - as the lone striker - over theist week or so!

He was one of our better performers along with Silva, Nasri, and Fernandinho.

MaineRoadmcfc said:
Very talented but he's the type of player who is just below that elite level. Would he get into the likes of Madrid, Bayern or Barce starting elevens? Not imo.

Nope. I don't think he is (or should be) starting eleven material for us either. He was an impact sub for one of the greatest international sides in the history of the game. That's what he should be for us.

Anyone who suggests we sell him is mad imo. You won't find many better attacking impact subs in football. The player himself, I suspect, would be fine starting on the bench 80% of the time also, which is important.

hilts said:
Was one of our better players today, if he crosses and no one is there he is shit, if cuts inside he is shit, if he passes it back or inside he is shit, some are pretty clueless to be honest

One could say he only manages to "cross" one in five, he ain't a Peter Barnes thats for sure, but he plays for us and I want him to do well every time.

The problem second half today for my two penneth, was that once James Milner had run himself into the ground we don't have another player at the club with that mentality so we ended up with jovetic, Silva and Nasri.

Hands up today we weren't good enough today over 90 minutes, Burnley deserved their point, but they'll still go down and we can't afford any more slip ups especially at home if we are to retain out title and that is the bottom line.

hilts said:
Was one of our better players today, if he crosses and no one is there he is shit, if cuts inside he is shit, if he passes it back or inside he is shit, some are pretty clueless to be honest

You think he's one of our better players, then summarise his game perfectly and then accuse others of being pretty clueless.
QUALITY !

Problem with Navas is that even when he is having a mare you can say he had a good game. His pace will present him with 10 great situations per game. But that's where the real issue starts as he'll do something in 1 or 2 from those 10 situations, other 8 will be dreadful deliveries. If he had a final ball he'd be player of Robben's calibre but like this - he is frustrating as hell.

bitsmith said:
Problem with Navas is that even when he is having a mare you can say he had a good game. His pace will present him with 10 great situations per game. But that's where the real issue starts as he'll do something in 1 or 2 from those 10 situations, other 8 will be dreadful deliveries. If he had a final ball he'd be player of Robben's calibre but like this - he is frustrating as hell.

Navas isn't as good at Robben as we all know. However, Jesus is much better than a number of people on this forum make out.

He is creating assists on a regar basis and getting back to help out the defence. Yes Navas' crossing could be more accurate but we usually only have one or two players in the opposition box.

If we want Robben's quality then we have to go out and get Robben. However, as we have found out to our cost, many of the very top players would rather go to Real Madrid, Barca or even Chelsea!

If the fans really got behind Jesus then maybe just we would have a top player on our hands!

I have just read that Navas is our top player for assists (6) and chances created (41).

Jesus has room for improvement but he is creating more than some are making out!

Tim of the Oak said:
I have just read that Navas is our top player for assists (6) and chances created (41).

Jesus has room for improvement but he is creating more than some are making out!

Navas has 18 league appearances this season, 6 assists and no goals

I'd like to know the definition of chances created but the team is scoring plenty of goals and I don't recall many sitters being missed.

Navas would be at best a squad player at the worlds best clubs, he plays far more than that here. I think he's a good player but nothing special which his stats back up. I think we'll try and upgrade on him in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.