Let's Be Honest, It Won't Get Any Better Will It?

jrb

I know our thoughts are already on to next season (see the thread), but it won't get any better than this season.

That's not me being downbeat, it's just me being happy and honest. And privileged to have seen it happen.

The PL Title.
3 PL Titles in a row.
The FA Cup.
The Double.
The CL Trophy.
The Treble.

You can never say never, but I honestly don't think that achievement will ever be replicated or bettered in the future.

Thank you Pep, the coaching staff and the players.

Last edited:
Yep, where do we go from here. Quadruple has to be the target now, which unless we have a huge squad packed full of quality is pretty nigh on impossible to achieve. Just hope Pep can get us firing from the off next season, keep the hunger in the squad

The next target has to be 4 PL titles in a row for next season.(Farmers League) I would settle for that. If City were to win the CL again, that would also be great. :-)

An invincible season would be nice I suppose. Or getting >100 points.
Or perhaps keep winning the PL and FAC, but only challenge for the CL when the final is being held an an accessible ground.

You say it can't get any better, but there was the loss to Southampton in the Carabao and away at the rags. There's two things to put right next season for a start.

And I've still not got over losing to the rags when we could have won the title in the Centurions season. If Kahneman really wanted to study loss aversion he should have used football fans and a big game...

Nah its unrealistic to get or aim for a quad. Matchday threads would be even more unbearable and we dont realise there's a lot of luck required too.

For me,
Haaland to get better and break even more records - Once he's bedded in!
Palmer and others to be coached into first team regulars.
The 4peat - The only team EVER to do that, and it's achievable now.
CL again - and become that team that dominates Europe for a generation.
And we've just become kings of europe the journey starts here now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.