Let's consolidate English and American

The @ symbol is in a fucking stupid place on the US keyboard layout. shft +2 has always been "inverted comma", aka double-quote marks.
I knida get the logic behind ' and " being on the same key with them sort of looking the same, but it's fucking annoying when you have to switch between UK and US keyboards.

And another thing: Why is it on all the forms I've ever filled out in the USA, why does it never have 'British or English' under Nationality or country of birth? It's always 'United Kingdom'. I absolutely baffled the woman at the Social Security office when I put 'Manchester, England down as place of birth when I applied for my SSN.

Was over there a few times in the 00's and remember an expat telling me if in the UK you were a joiner, you were a carpenter and if you were a brickie, you were a stone mason......
Carpenters usually construct items on construction sites and tend to work on the components of building construction. For example, they may spend most of their time erecting timber walls or building roof trusses. They also frequently fit the products that joiners create, such as staircases or cabinets, into the structure.

Joiners generally make complete products out of lumber, such as windows, frames or doors for a new building. They also build items like fitted furniture or staircases. Additionally, a joiner might repair or replace worn or damaged elements of a home. For example, they might create a replica of an antique door. Joiners also build most of their items offsite, including more complex structures like staircases, then the carpenter installs their finished product in the building.

And a Bricklayer lays bricks. Stone masons work with stone.

I'm a carpenter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.