Let's consolidate English and American

Isn’t it true that the majority of American spelling of words are in fact the original English spelling? Or at least the spelling at the time. And it’s us who have since changed them, while the Yanks have stuck with how it was back then?

Isn’t it true that the majority of American spelling of words are in fact the original English spelling? Or at least the spelling at the time. And it’s us who have since changed them, while the Yanks have stuck with how it was back then?

Along with their constitution :)

Surely if you consolidate American and English, you get Amish. Not sure it's a flyer, tbh.

Last edited:
Been in Yanksville 12 years now and still refuse to give up the Queens / King's English.

On all my reports or emails at work I refuse to remove the U in words such as in colour and keep the S there instead of a Z such as organisation. And it's Zed not fucking Zee.

English is a language, can't you read......
And rightly so, well done that man

I doubt there is any such thing as American or British English; there are many different Englishes and that’s something to be cherished and preserved. So many things in American English are things that have persisted there that have fallen out of fashion in England. As for some accents:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.