Lets hope this story aint true. Full Stop

maccistani

Cant see why we'd be after a has been, who never really was there in England anyway, especially for the rags.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06012...stian-veron-rejects-manchester-city-move.html

Premier League - Juan Sebastian Veron rejects Manchester City move

Reuters - Wed, 06 Jan 07:22:00 2010

Argentina's Juan Sebastian Veron claims to have turned down a personal offer from manager Roberto Mancini to join Manchester City.

The 34-year-old Estudiantes captain told the radio station La Red that he was phoned by Mancini, a former team mate of his in Italy and his coach at Inter Milan, to make the offer.

Mancini took charge of Manchester City last month.

"I presented the offer to the directors of the club (Estudiantes) so they could consider it, maybe it appeals to them. For my part there isn't much thinking to do, my (negative) answer was instantaneous," Veron said.

"It's not possible at the moment and it's not a question of money ... My family and my affections are involved," he said.

Veron has a strong bond with Estudiantes, whom he led to the South American Libertadores Cup title in July and second place behind Barcelona in the Club World Cup in Abu Dhabi last month.

His performances for Estudiantes and Argentina have seen him voted South America's top player for the last two years after a glittering career in Europe, especially Italy, though he also played for City's local rivals Manchester United.

Veron said he returned to his home town of La Plata in 2006 to see out his career with Estudiantes and try to lead them to more trophies after his father Juan Ramon helped the team lift the Libertadores Cup three times from 1968 to 1970.

"I took a decision and I want to respect it. I can't leave, I'd be going against my convictions, I'd be letting myself and the fans down above all else," said Veron, who donates part of his salary to Estudiantes' youth scheme.
Reuters

Thank christ for that then.

I we did sign him, id have to agree that Gary Cook and Manchini knows nothing about signing players!

There does seem to be direct quotes though,he was dreadful in england which is a worry about bobbys judgement if he was seriously after him.

blue12 said:
There does seem to be direct quotes though,he was dreadful in england which is a worry about bobbys judgement if he was seriously after him.

i can see what mancini is doing with these players trying to bring in certain players with a lot of experiance whether they are the right players veron,viera i dont know but id trust mancini at this moment in that he knows what he is doing!

Cant believe this, 3 wins, 0 goals conceded and some are knocking RM's decisions.

I dont give a Roo's testicle who he signs, I have faith in this guy 100%......... he will deliver.

We have to give him 3 years and we have to get behind him and not start bitching about what players he (may) be after

If he thinks Veron can do a job for a year or so Im not gonna woman about it, RM knows more about football and players than any of us on here so stop the bitching and let him do his job FFS.

get Behind the new manager

nimrod said:
Cant believe this, 3 wins, 0 goals conceded and some are knocking RM's decisions.

I dont give a Roo's testicle who he signs, I have faith in this guy 100%......... he will deliver.

We have to give him 3 years and we have to get behind him and not start bitching about what players he (may) be after

If he thinks Veron can do a job for a year or so Im not gonna woman about it, RM knows more about football and players than any of us on here so stop the bitching and let him do his job FFS.

get Behind the new manager

Roo's testicle, lol!

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157156" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157156</a>

Really not liking the current transfer policy - I think it was one of the areas that MH got spot on.
Why are we trying to sign players at the back end of there career - obviously if the rumors are true.

Veron, Viera and the likes although possibley the right type of player are at the wrong end of the age scale for my liking.

We have enough money and credability to be attracting players in there prime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.