Lets talk British

Err consider Bale and Sterling of course. Maybe Stones, Clyne and Schneiderlin.

If Bolasie is HG he's shown he can be very effective, not a bad choice for a squad player.

Not sure how Kane or Berahino would be about playing backup to two of the most feared strikers in the PL but could be an option if Dzeko and Jovetic leave.

A HG gk to replace Willy would also help out with this.

Last edited:
Everton are favourites to sign Johnny Evans and Tom Cleverley; they may be willing to do business for Stones and Barkley.

With Yaya staying, it's the perfect time to sign Barkley; John Terry's apprenticeship next to Desailly galvanised his career, and a couple of years of working with Yaya could bring Barkley up to standard. The daft twat needs to stop thinking he's a number 10 though and accept that his best chance of a career at the highest level is deeper.

Stones was arguably the best player on the pitch against us, the rags and Chelsea last season at the age of 20; with the homegrown quota desperately needing to be addressed, he's the best pound-for-pound HG player likely to be available as both Ramsey and Bale look beyond us. He's got the positional sense and anticipation to bring the best out of Kompany again as well. Denayer is immense, but needs a couple of years' experience in a proper league. Worst-case scenario that he ends up going to Chelsea, Cahill would be an improvement on Mangala and Demichelis.

Rob Green to replace Willy would make sense.

Rob Green to replace Willy is a no brainer.

Clyne or Tripper could replace Sagna. Siding with Tripper here as I think Clyne would want to be first choice whereas Tripper would be happy with second choice plus he's club trained.

Barkley has gone backwards, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if we took a chance of him. There's still a lot of raw talent with the young lad.

Sterling is the obvious one and I think he'll come here this summer.

Denayer, Marcos Lopes and Iheanacho should be in the first team squad aswell next season. They probably won't count as homegrown yet, but definitely won't be in the senior foreign players.

He'll not be first team, but maybe Jack Colback? He can play in the center midfield, at left back and I believe has played a match or two at right back.

He looks to have a good attitude as far as doing what his team asks of him in order to try and win the match. Our last game against Nouveau Chateau he impressed me with his effort and apparent attitude.

And yes, I know he wouldn't probably start often, maybe in case of injuries to the first team. But in Cup matches and against "lesser" teams I think he could do a job for us.

Lets have a look at the british players that could improve us!

Scottish=none
irish=none
wales=bale, ramsey
england=sterling, stones
could only see us getting the last 2 mentioned time to bring through a few kids I think
angelino
lopes
denyear
inancheno

Have you mis-spelt Jones there ;-)

It depresses me thinking of us having to bid for british players because of this stupid rule because most of them are just completely shit. Bale and Sterling are the only ones i would take tbh.

Ah pogba you utter cock! Dont feel ings would ever get a game for us. Kane is Mr Tottenham or later to be known as New Gerrard. Clyne and bertrand are decent shouts especially as Zabba getting on a bit. Love to see Denayer get some game time mext season. Still dont think Lopes is ever going to be good enough for the squad but guess he could fill a spot for the season

Agree about Clyne. We should be all over him and sell Sagna. Zabs and Clyne for the next couple of years until Maffeo comes through and Zabs goes to Supreme City Ambassador.

Lets have a look at the british players that could improve us!

Scottish=none
irish=none
wales=bale, ramsey
england=sterling, stones
could only see us getting the last 2 mentioned time to bring through a few kids I think
angelino
lopes
denyear
inancheno
Scots and Irish don't count as homegrown do they?

Trippier or Richards
Song (if we sell one of our current CM)
2nd goalkeeper
4th choice CB (last two could be literally anybody considering they can not play at all)

Home grown Hart, Clichy, Sterling,
Club trained Richards/Trippier, Lopes
2nd and 3rd choice GK + 4th choice CD, home-grown or club-trained. Obviously get rid of wright

P.S. Denayer won't count as a HG for the next season (only a year after), will he?

Denayer...doesn't really matter for the PL. He is young enough that he doesn't take a spot so its as good as HG.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.