Lets turn our back on 'the Poznan'

Fanny Fart said:
Its getting a little tired now for me, its more of a chore than a laugh.

We've done it for Neil today, let's put it to bed now and leave it in our wake.

When it's done properly like we did it today it looks great. Everyone involved, all doing it at the same time, it looks like constant waves of people - great!

But when we do it at the CoMS it looks proper lame, and I mean properly lame!

The best bit about it for me is the "CI-TY, CI-TY, CI-TY..." we punch to afterwards. We used to chant that when we had corners or free kicks near the box or if a bit if a confrontation happened on the pitch, then one day we just stopped chanting it. So I'm glad to see that back!

I can see what the OP is on about though. It is very lame when we have about 5% of the stadium doing it at home. And our stadium isn't designed for the Poznan really anyway because the small tiers seperate everyone so stops it looking good, and only some people in the bottom tier do it and nobody else. If we had one massive tierd stand it'd work but we haven't!

The thing is without it we barely do or sing anything else. So we may as well keep it just so we aren't just stood there singing the same old boring songs or just stood there singing nowt at all.

lets all do the poznan lets all do the poznan na na na na na na na love it

I sharnt be doing it anymore, it's not to my liking for one and secondly i'm fucked after doing it.

danburge82 said:
Fanny Fart said:
Its getting a little tired now for me, its more of a chore than a laugh.

We've done it for Neil today, let's put it to bed now and leave it in our wake.

When it's done properly like we did it today it looks great. Everyone involved, all doing it at the same time, it looks like constant waves of people - great!

But when we do it at the CoMS it looks proper lame, and I mean properly lame!

The best bit about it for me is the "CI-TY, CI-TY, CI-TY..." we punch to afterwards. We used to chant that when we had corners or free kicks near the box or if a bit if a confrontation happened on the pitch, then one day we just stopped chanting it. So I'm glad to see that back!

I can see what the OP is on about though. It is very lame when we have about 5% of the stadium doing it at home. And our stadium isn't designed for the Poznan really anyway because the small tiers seperate everyone so stops it looking good, and only some people in the bottom tier do it and nobody else. If we had one massive tierd stand it'd work but we haven't!

The thing is without it we barely do or sing anything else. So we may as well keep it just so we aren't just stood there singing the same old boring songs or just stood there singing nowt at all.

Another one we used to sing years ago was a continuos "City", I'm sure sometimes it went on for 20 minutes. But the memory is not as good as it once was!! so it proberly went on for 30 seconds!! lol

In England fans in general lack the ferocity and sheer enthusiasm of those abroad particulalry those from countries like Poland and Greece etc etc, the Poznan" done today was a lot more poignant because it was done in a way that made it clear we aren't just football fans, it showed with the banner that we are a family. Shame on the people who post shit like the OP and shame on the people who dont realise, either through ignorance or stupidity what it should feel like, not to follow a team but to SUPPORT them. For each and every fan there today, I salute you, well done, you outsung the home crowd nearly all match.

philado said:
It's cringeworthy and also taking the time to e-mail ESPN and telling them it will be done after 24mins is something the Geordies would do.

So the fact that our fans were making a tribute to one of our greats does not deserve recognition? This was not just about us, it was about raising awareness for Neil and raising money for the charities. I am older than Neil, I did the Poznan at 24 minutes today and I very, very definitely did NOT find it cringeworthy. What a miserable post!! Almost tempted me to swear!!

I have not read further in the thread than this post as yet but I am sure that others will be feeling the same way as me!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.