Liam Delap | £16m bid from Southampton rejected

Things change very quickly in football. People made the same argument about Sancho leaving based on Sane and Sterlings age, yet neither are here now.

Jesus had a great career here as understudy to Aguero and who would have thought Zinchenko/Delap would have been successful.

An injury to Haaland, Alvarez struggling to adapt and Delap could get a lot more opportunities to stake his claim.
They do, but Sancho has had 3 first team seasons and now on £350k a week. I bet Delap would settle for that.

They do, but Sancho has had 3 first team seasons and now on £350k a week. I bet Delap would settle for that.
True, but then other players stayed and have a few Premiership titles in the bank. Better players than Sancho have missed out on the top trophies, yet a Zinchenko has three of them.

If I was Delap I would back myself for at least another year or so, or at least look to a loan deal if you feel you might not get the opportunities. Wherever he goes its a downward step currently.

True, but then other players stayed and have a few Premiership titles in the bank. Better players than Sancho have missed out on the top trophies, yet a Zinchenko has three four of them.

If I was Delap I would back myself for at least another year or so, or at least look to a loan deal if you feel you might not get the opportunities. Wherever he goes its a downward step currently.

True, but then other players stayed and have a few Premiership titles in the bank. Better players than Sancho have missed out on the top trophies, yet a Zinchenko has three of them.

If I was Delap I would back myself for at least another year or so, or at least look to a loan deal if you feel you might not get the opportunities.
OZ is 25 though and Delap is 18ish?

It would depend on the offers if I was in LD’s shoes.

OZ is 25 though and Delap is 18ish?

It would depend on the offers if I was in LD’s shoes.

He is 25, Zink and realistically there is a possibility he may not win a trophy again in his career. Yet at 20 he was third choice left back at City, stayed even though the club was prepared to let him go, and has 3/4 titles now and in all honesty probably played in matches his ability never warranted.

Southampton have a history of loaning players, so if Delap wants game time his agent should be looking for a loan rather than risking leaving and possibly never returning to the level of club he is already at. Like you say he is 19, he has time on his side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.