Liam Delap - Ipswich player 2024-25

Vardy is an example of the opposite....the fact for years he was more interested in his 'social' life than his football, he wasted most of his early career.

Not sure about that.
Released from Sheffield Wed.
Then worked his way up from Stockbridge to Halifax then Fleetwood. MOST WOULD have given up when released.

Not sure about that.
Released from Sheffield Wed.
Then worked his way up from Stockbridge to Halifax then Fleetwood. MOST WOULD have given up when released.
If he'd looked after himself, he probably wouldn't have been released by Sheff Wed, and definitely played at a higher level than Stockbridge/Halifax, and still had other 'distractions' while at Fleetwood.
True he didn't give up.....but if he'd been more dedicated, he would have had a far better career.

I’m excited for this lad, when gets it I think he’s going to bust the back of the net, he’s so powerful if we get Haaland I think his days are numbered at City unfortunately if we don’t I’d be giving this lad as much game time as possible.

He has all the tools to be an exceptional striker, but if we think about this rationally, that isn’t going to be at City is it? :(

We’re all getting increasingly confident that Haaland is going to be here next season. And we have Alvarez in the pipeline. Playing 1 up top means we can’t really carry 3 senior strikers, it has to be 2 max with false 9 options to compliment. So Delap has to be sold at some point, maybe in a year or two. If we’re smart he’ll have a buyback clause in the deal at an agreed price, maybe one that ratchets up after x years to a higher amount, as no club will agree to say a £30-40m buyback that is still valid in 4 or 5 years when Haaland probably goes to Madrid. It can be that amount initially but then might have to go up to £50-60m after so many years.

I don’t see any other alternative, unless Alvarez is absolutely terrible, but I don’t expect that. Alvarez is also more versatile which makes him more likely to be a backup to Haaland than Delap as he has other avenues into the starting 11. It’s harsh on the kid but losing Delap is the price we have to be prepared to pay to bring Haaland to the club. And I am tbh, Haaland is a freak.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.