Liam Delap - Ipswich player 2024-25

My opinion he should stay and learn from Haaland, i do think his chances of playing are increased with Haaland being here, with the last ten minutes Pep would not need to swap systems by giving Haaland a rest.
Yes I'm hoping Liam can do this and be Erlings junior alternative. If not haven't quite got my head around what the plan is when Erlings not on the field. We can go back to a false 9 but don't have Gabby or Raz to stick up there, Alvarez will obviously get minutes but I'm thinking we are maybe one player light up top unless Liam can do his regular minutes.

Getting a loan and really settling into men's football I think is key to his growth. Eds he's swatting defenders half his size away he doesn't even have to try to get the better of them, get him up against players just as big and strong as him every week and let him learn. That has got to be infinitely preferable to getting the odd 5-10 minute cameo when games are won for us. No reason why he couldn't have a breakthrough season like Broja last season and he comes back to us in the summer as a £40 million striker.

Ah A Scots man who counts his change ;-), say hi to Stuart at Tappie Toories for me ( still miss him ), cheers Blue .
Tappie toories bottom of the town by the cathedral I used to frequent the place around 2007- 2011 I worked in Rosyth Dock yard and have a uncle not far. I always thought dunfermline was a mint night out . Having flashbacks of buckie bombs and irn bru and cheap vodka.

Seems like a loan to Burnley or a perma move to saints to join lavia and bazunu, interesting to see which one he pushes for

Getting a loan and really settling into men's football I think is key to his growth. Eds he's swatting defenders half his size away he doesn't even have to try to get the better of them, get him up against players just as big and strong as him every week and let him learn. That has got to be infinitely preferable to getting the odd 5-10 minute cameo when games are won for us. No reason why he couldn't have a breakthrough season like Broja last season and he comes back to us in the summer as a £40 million striker.
Delap was absolutely streets ahead of Broja at youth level, different class altogether. Just needs opportunities to show it now

Personally be happier if he stayed with us, and as others have suggested, works alongside Haaland and provides cover when he isn’t fit, or needs a rest.This would give us time to see if he has the minerals to cut it in the prem,… I strongly believe he has,… and also could save us a fortune should Haaland move on, or suffer from a different first season, as many other players have done before him.

I disagree. He needs minutes and he won't see those at City. He already lost valuable time during formative years due to injuries. He desperately needs to prove if he's cut out for the very top or merely a mid-table Premier League striker, at best. The jump from bullying other kids to elite level is absurdly high, even moreso if the injuries affected his sharpness even slightly.

He may get 10 minutes here and there, he may get the odd cup game, but he’ll never improve enough with those minutes to get ahead of Haaland and would be better for the player and us if he went and played either on loan or sold with a sell on / buy back clause.
Just add you can’t watch and learn what Haaland has, that’s just a unique talent.
While i agree with most of what your saying, that 10 minutes here and there will be him coming on, with a team already set up to a system that he should excel in, he would improve, last year was a disaster for his development, for me he needs this to prove that he is not another Sturridge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.