Liam Delap - Ipswich player 2024-25

My only worry is he's gone there because his Dad is first team coach and they have the connection to the club, and not because it's the best place for him to develop.

They already have plenty of strikers.

You'd hope though that the fact his dad knows the game as well as he does and wants the best outcome for his son, he definitely wouldn't let him go there if it was the wrong move.

Last edited:
Yeah could see him struggling to get mins tbh, he’s obviously better than likes of Dwight Gayle and Jacob brown but those guys are proven at this level and loan politics can be tricky. Understand why he’s gone there with the family connection and all that but there were definitely smarter moves

Stoke play 3-5-2 and have three other strikers - 33 year old Dwight Gayle, Tyrese Campbell who seems to be injury prone and Jacob Brown (who I don’t know much about tbf). He should get plenty of game time if he works hard and plays well.

Stoke play 3-5-2 and have three other strikers - 33 year old Dwight Gayle, Tyrese Campbell who seems to be injury prone and Jacob Brown (who I don’t know much about tbf). He should get plenty of game time if he works hard and plays well.
Tyrese Campbell, there's a name I'd long forgotten about. Looking at his stats, if Delap can't take his place then he's doing something very, very wrong.

Given the level of interest in him this has to go well, it will be a collosal fuck up if its not a successful loan. Personally,
i would have liked to see him go to Burnley. Kompany has them playing great stuff by all accounts they just can't put the ball in the net, seems like an ideal fit for everyone but if Stoke is the preferred destination so be it. A good year there, a premier league loan next season and we've got a 40 million striker on our hands.

My only worry is he's gone there because his Dad is first team coach and they have the connection to the club, and not because it's the best place for him to develop.

They already have plenty of strikers.

I would expect City have to approve of the clubs that players are loaned to ?

If so, I assume the club are happy for him to go to Stoke and think that he will suit their system .

I would expect City have to approve of the clubs that players are loaned to ?

If so, I assume the club are happy for him to go to Stoke and think that he will suit their system .

I don't think that's always the case. I remember City were unhappy with Zuculini going to Valencia but he insisted because his mate from Argentina, Rodrigo De Paul was there, and didn't want Jack Byrne to go to Blackburn but he forced it through.

Ultimately they can't force a player to go anywhere, and if there's lots of offers (and I'm sure Delap got loads) the players have a degree of choice.

I have 2 problems with Stoke:

1. Going to a club your dad is the coach of is... wrong. It gives a weird feeling, If I'm a teammate at Stoke I'm going to immediately think of nepotism. He should go somewhere slightly mroe outside his comfort zone, not just go play for his dad.

2. Burnley is just so far and away an obvious choice, I have no idea why we aren't considering it. Perhaps we did and Burnley said no, but I find that hard to believe because they desperately need a finisher.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.