Liam Delap - Ipswich player 2024-25

Given he’s training with the 1st team already, I’d say he’s got a decent chance at seeing some cup minutes.

I bet people were making the same excuses for Sancho not seeing the field at 17 before he left us and became one of the best wingers in Europe shortly after.
Sancho was barely past 16 years old when he was demanding guaranteed 1st team appearances. He'd decided he was going before he hit 17, the two cases aren't comparable in any manner.

Sancho was barely past 16 years old when he was demanding guaranteed 1st team appearances. He'd decided he was going before he hit 17, the two cases aren't comparable in any manner.

I’m going to side with Sancho and say he was fully in his right to back himself. He’s gone away, proved that and become a £100m player in the process.

This. Rashford was raw as fuck and MILES off when he randomly got a go due to injuries. Just thrived in it, and before we knew it he was retiring Demichelis. Delap is the exact kinda lad who could do the same thing.

Rashford had specific attributes, Speed, Speed and speed..
When I watch him now, that is still what he has. A world of difference playing for a a struggling Man Its and the Champions of England.
His first touch, movement, and work rate are a mile off. Given time and space he can come off the left and score a worldy, but there are massive holes in his development.
Though the media have him as world class, there are many knowledgeable people who know better.

I’m going to side with Sancho and say he was fully in his right to back himself. He’s gone away, proved that and become a £100m player in the process.
And if he'd stayed he could be worth £150m right now and playing for Gods own, who knows.

BTW, nobody has actually paid £100m for him and until they do he doesn't automatically get the tag.

And if he'd stayed he could be worth £150m right now and playing for Gods own, who knows.

BTW, nobody has actually paid £100m for him and until they do he doesn't automatically get the tag.

Maybe, but the underlying point is that he didn’t think he could do that here and it’s a common trend we are seeing with the best of our academy.

Until we get over things like the idea of a player being too young to make an impact, it will continue to happen.

Maybe, but the underlying point is that he didn’t think he could do that here and it’s a common trend we are seeing with the best of our academy.

Until we get over things like the idea of a player being too young to make an impact, it will continue to happen.
You're missing the point on the guaranteed 1st team playing time. They wanted that in the contract and City don't do that for anyone. We offered to make him the best paid teenager around I think but they wouldn't budge. If he won't sign a contract we can't play him, I personally think he was tapped up around 16 years of age and offered guaranteed playing time by Dortmund. He was finished with us by that point.

Diaz signed for Madrid with guaranteed playing time written in which is the only reason he got so many minutes when he made the switch. I don't know what his contract states now but he's struggled there.

Is he injured this week, didn’t see his name in either the EDS or 18s team?
Possible first team call up?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.