Liam Delap - Ipswich player 2024-25

Still very raw, needs to work on his first touch also, could be ready in 2 years but not right now.

Thing is players are weird. Some just take to 1st team football

I think clubs sometimes have an attitude towards young players that can be too scientific or bureaucratic, esp. at the top clubs.

He has the physical attributes to be given some minutes this season.
Let's say Aguero and Jesus were unavailable for a game, I'd rather chuck Delap in than see Sterling through the middle again.

Thing is players are weird. Some just take to 1st team football

I think clubs sometimes have an attitude towards young players that can be too scientific or bureaucratic, esp. at the top clubs.

He has the physical attributes to be given some minutes this season.
Let's say Aguero and Jesus were unavailable for a game, I'd rather chuck Delap in than see Sterling through the middle again.

This. Rashford was raw as fuck and MILES off when he randomly got a go due to injuries. Just thrived in it, and before we knew it he was retiring Demichelis. Delap is the exact kinda lad who could do the same thing.

Rashford wasn't that raw mate, I think its too soon for Delap.
Yes he absolutely was, was basically a speed merchant is why he got promoted.

He developed BECAUSE he was playing first team again and again.

Nobody is saying he has to be a starter, but you think it's too soon to give one of our most prolific academy strikers in years a chance here and there this season? Seems an odd take imo, and saying he is raw is not very convincing when I have heard others describe in far more great detail about why he should get the chance.

I can't believe some of the posts in this thread. Delap is 17 years old and basically a second year apprentice. He is a very promising prospect but he is nowhere near first team level at the moment.

Still very raw, needs to work on his first touch also, could be ready in 2 years but not right now.

Can say the same about Haaland - obviously they’re a work in progress, and need to strive to improve their all-round game, but it’s easier to add the basics of hold-
up play to a natural goalscorer than add goals to someone who’s already mastered those fundamentals.

Nobody is saying he should be given the #9 and be the default Aguero replacement over the next 18 months, but throwing him into the equation for Cup games or from the bench will do us no harm, and accelerate his development too.

I can't believe some of the posts in this thread. Delap is 17 years old and basically a second year apprentice. He is a very promising prospect but he is nowhere near first team level at the moment.

Given he’s training with the 1st team already, I’d say he’s got a decent chance at seeing some cup minutes.

I bet people were making the same excuses for Sancho not seeing the field at 17 before he left us and became one of the best wingers in Europe shortly after.

Would love to see any " Exceptional talent" from the EDS given a proper chance in the Carabao Cup.

If anyone of them done well, give them a chance in the FA Cup as well.

Producing any reliable squad player is worth more than 30m, which is bigger value than winning these cups .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.