Liam Delap - Ipswich player 2024-25

What are the chances that he is able to do throw-ins like his dad?
The only thing I have on this is I think I remember Sam Lee saying as a young kid he was told to stop doing throw ins as parents were complaining about them being too good! Presumably that means he still has a decent throw on him but just hasn’t taken them for years.

Any news on the injury an if/when he's coming back?

Torres leaving and Mahrez going to AFCON might be another chance for him to get on the bench, especially with Omicron around.

Any news on the injury an if/when he's coming back?

Torres leaving and Mahrez going to AFCON might be another chance for him to get on the bench, especially with Omicron around.
Would also like to know this. Anyone that knows why he has been missing pretty much the entire season so far? I've seen players miss less games than Delap with ACL injuries, seems strange that we (well me at least) basically have seen no update about why he's been missing, or when he is back. Almost suspiciously quite about why he has been missing considering we rejected a bunch of loan offers in the summer because he was seen as a part of the first team squad.

Would also like to know this. Anyone that knows why he has been missing pretty much the entire season so far? I've seen players miss less games than Delap with ACL injuries, seems strange that we (well me at least) basically have seen no update about why he's been missing, or when he is back. Almost suspiciously quite about why he has been missing considering we rejected a bunch of loan offers in the summer because he was seen as a part of the first team squad.
Got injured, then after recovering from said injury got another injury.

Now the club are probably being cautious, no need to rush. He’s too young to force him back and have him be injury prone, best be careful.

Got injured, then after recovering from said injury got another injury.

Now the club are probably being cautious, no need to rush. He’s too young to force him back and have him be injury prone, best be careful.
Thanks for the answer mate. Agree there is no need to rush him, I guess its unlikely we will see anything but a few cameos at best from him this season. A shame really, since it will probably be even harder for him to get minutes next year assuming we actually do sign a striker anytime soon. Really was a great opportunity for him this year, especially now when we sold Torres as well.

Thanks for the answer mate. Agree there is no need to rush him, I guess its unlikely we will see anything but a few cameos at best from him this season. A shame really, since it will probably be even harder for him to get minutes next year assuming we actually do sign a striker anytime soon. Really was a great opportunity for him this year, especially now when we sold Torres as well.
Don’t expect any appearances this season. Once he is back he will need EDS games to get back to speed.
Next season is his time, and agreed, he had a good chance this season, but sometimes people are unlucky, I hope he bounces back stronger.

I’m sorry to sound snarky but people only needed to go back to the page before this to see I had posted that he’s expected to be back in January

5v_y3r.gif

In all seriousness, it's good to know he's on the mend and on his way back. Cheers for the info.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.